Innuos & PC

Jimbob57

Hi All
I have recently purchased an Innuos Zen and would like to transfer my music files on my pc to the innuos. Any technical minded folk willing to explain how to do this or if this is possible?
I have ripped all of my cds with db poweramp (which I thoroughly recommend) and just started a subscription to Roon. At the moment I am using my pc as a Roon core but will hopefully use the Innuos.
The other issue I have that I can’t seem to get the innuos to talk to my processor ( just bought iPeng on my phone) but can’t even get that to work, just hoping that once I have Roon installed it will all come together.
Wishing I wasn’t so technically challenged!!

Best regards to all
J

jamieu

Hi All
I have recently purchased an Innuos Zen and would like to transfer my music files on my pc to the innuos. Any technical minded folk willing to explain how to do this or if this is possible?
I have ripped all of my cds with db poweramp (which I thoroughly recommend) and just started a subscription to Roon. At the moment I am using my pc as a Roon core but will hopefully use the Innuos.
The other issue I have that I can’t seem to get the innuos to talk to my processor ( just bought iPeng on my phone) but can’t even get that to work, just hoping that once I have Roon installed it will all come together.
Wishing I wasn’t so technically challenged!!

Best regards to all
J

Looks like Innuos have taken down all their support docs and replaced them with a basic 20 page manual.

Have a look at this old archived page for how to access the storage location on the Zen over the network from your PC. Then copy your ripped FLAC files over to that remote folder.

To install Roon on the Zen follow the steps on page 19 of the Zen manual. Then install Roon on your PC (the Standard not the Core/Server version) or Roon remote on your mobile. Finally connect to the remote Roon Core (running on the Zen) and set it up to see your music folder (this part might actually be pre-configured on the Zen I'm not sure).

If you get stuck this video may help with the Roon part. Although I notice they set the ripping mode to WAV earlier in the video. That's terrible advice — ignore it and leave it set to FLAC.

If you want to continue to run the Roon Core on your PC then you'll need point it at the Zen's shared network volume. Which is basically the same as you'd need to do with a NAS. But personally I'd just skip this step and get Roon running on the Zen and indexing the files locally (see above). Otherwise you're just adding additional complexity.

Last edited:

Jimbob57

Looks like Innuos have taken down all their support docs and replaced them with a basic 20 page manual.

Have a look at this old archived page for how to access the storage location on the Zen over the network from your PC. Then copy your ripped FLAC files over to that remote folder.

To install Roon on the Zen follow the steps on page 19 of the Zen manual. Then install Roon on your PC (the Standard not the Core/Server version) or Roon remote on your mobile. Finally connect to the remote Roon Core (running on the Zen) and set it up to see your music folder (this part might actually be pre-configured on the Zen I'm not sure).

If you get stuck this video may help with the Roon part. Although I notice they set the ripping mode to WAV earlier in the video. That's terrible advice — ignore it and leave it set to FLAC.

If you want to continue to run the Roon Core on your PC then you'll need point it at the Zen's shared network volume. Which is basically the same as you'd need to do with a NAS. But personally I'd just skip this step and get Roon running on the Zen and indexing the files locally (see above). Otherwise you're just adding additional complexity.
Hi Jamieu
Sorry for the late response, just had the Coronovirus jab and felt too ill to even look at the pc for a couple of days!
Thank you so much for the information you provided. everything now up and running although I do seem to have 'lost' a few albums in the download/transfer, but other than that, I did as you suggested and all is working great now.
Just can't believe the innuos website is so rubbish, as is their online support (at the moment) just hope it improves for future customers.
Once again many thanks for your help
Best regards
Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom