Innerspace Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Was literally having a conversation with my wife last week about whether or not the kids would be ready for this :)

Thanks very much for the review - going to grab it now.

crabby

I love this film but havent seen it in years,Ill grab a copy when I can.

I really like the film, but not sure its worth that much given its age etc
(imo there should be a clear price distinction between a brand new film - like LaLaLand at premium BR price of £15, and Br releases of whats been shown on tv for donkey's years that should be released at under £10 rrp)

I was reminded of this excellent film seeing Dennis Quaid again in Fortitude, an actor who never seemed to get the fame he deserved? Will look to pick this up 2nd hand or on sale and introduce an 11 yr old nephew to it.

Great review for a fantastic movie. Glad to hear they've done it justice on Blu Ray.

....now just contemplating whether my 6 year old daughter is old enough to enjoy it!

I was reminded of this excellent film seeing Dennis Quaid again in Fortitude, an actor who never seemed to get the fame he deserved? Will look to pick this up 2nd hand or on sale and introduce an 11 yr old nephew to it.

When i was a kid, he became my fave actor for a long while off the back of his role in Innerspace. :)

This maybe of interest to anyone thinking of buying this one. It's a Warner disc and confirmed as region free by blu-ray.com. It also uses the same transfer the UK Steelbook edition does, as mentioned in the review.

Paul

And Breaking Away and The Long Riders, not to mention the classic The Right Stuff

IMG_1122.GIF

"Who's the best pilot you ever saw ?" :)

And Enemy Mine. And Jaws 3.

For me (along with those you mention) it was also The Big Easy and the 80s DOA remake. Latterly, Quaid is also excellent in Frequency.

thanks for the review Cas, one of my fav 80's movies, seen this many times at the cinema, and it was the best meg ryan looked!

And Enemy Mine. And Jaws 3.

For me (along with those you mention) it was also The Big Easy and the 80s DOA remake. Latterly, Quaid is also excellent in Frequency.

Enjoyed all of those. Of his earlier stuff I also discovered another Meg Ryan collaboration Flesh and Bone, and a surprisingly dark thriller Switchback with Danny Glover, both through Netflix, and both which I've never seen before.

Of the stuff I already thought he was good in, I'd probably add Stone's Any Given Sunday and the Stone-produced Bosnian war film Saviour, and, of course, Doc, even though it was tough luck going up against Kilmer's defining portrayal.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom