Inheritance spent

woppy101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if this is in the right place(mods please move in it’s not)
A bit of a back story, my uncle died in December 2019 without a living will so as I understand it the house and other assets go to his partner/girlfriend(that’s fair enough), but at the same time he also had a work insurance policy for £150k in which was written down within the policy that when he dies £50k goes to his partner, £50k goes to his 25yo son and £50k goes to his 13yo daughter.
The son got his money but the £100k for the daughter/partner was all put in the partners bank account by his employer, the partner has now spent all of her money renovating the house(she told my gran this) and she is now in the process of spending the daughter’s inheritance, the solicitor dealing with my uncle’s estate keeps requesting the daughters money (to put into trust) which she is ignoring, she slipped up when my Nan was nagging her saying there is £40k left which she is keeping for her.

To me she is stealing his daughters inheritance is there anything I can do or see about it? as the poor girl will have nothing left when she gets to her 18th birthday.

interesting... I would assume that the solicitor dealing with the estate should now be looking to put a charge on the property for the 50k owed to the daughter, if the money is not forthcoming

interesting... I would assume that the solicitor dealing with the estate should now be looking to put a charge on the property for the 50k owed to the daughter, if the money is not forthcoming
I’m not sure, hopefully they are

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom