Ingrid Pitt RIP

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Sad news indeed, Countess Dracula, The Vampire Lovers and The Wicker Man, Some great performances. RIP :(

FruitBat

Where Eagles Dare is one I remember her for.

What I didn't know (or had forgotten) was that she had a part in Smiley's People. She played Elvira, the wife of Michael Gough's character, working at the Baltic Free Library.

I was also surprised to learn that she was Polish-born. Same age as my mother (also Polish-born).

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Just heard about this tonight. Very sad news indeed. She will be much missed, especially by her fans, as she was such a generous person, from all the accounts I've read when she attended film festivals and Hammer-related events.

Rest In Peace, Ms Pitt.

Garrett

Did not think she was that old, there was a set of prints from a publishing company that were doing a set of print of 1000 each and the first 100 where signed first was Christopher Lee as Dracula, then the second the women of Hammer and Ingrid was one with I think Valerie Leon an other realy nice lady and the last one was Peter Cushing but I don't know who was going to sign his but it was going to be signed but after the first print they made no more :(

I do remember her mostly from her horror work and some interviews and she seemed quit fun.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Sad news.

Remember the psycho blonde she played in Who Dares Wins? She gets a good kicking from Lewis Collins missus.:D

R I P

Doctor Smirnoff

RIP. The first lady of Hammer glamour, sad.

Alan Jones has been on Twitter to state that he's been approached by numerous radio stations to comment... he's refused each, apparently he couldn't find anything positive or pleasant to say about her. :confused:

RIP. The first lady of Hammer glamour, sad.

Alan Jones has been on Twitter to state that he's been approached by numerous radio stations to comment... he's refused each, apparently he couldn't find anything positive or pleasant to say about her. :confused:

I've seen her a few times at BAFTA and she came across as a bit crazy. Not sure whether she was drunk, but she liked to make a spectacle of herself, so she may have been a bit of a handful in interviews. I know Alan and I think he's just being honest.

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
RIP Ingrid

A truly stunning beauty in her day, I certainly enjoyed the films she was in very much in my teenage years.

Chadford

Distinguished Member
:(

2vt73t3.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom