Inglourious Basterds steelbook - £17.99

hollerme

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Play.com (UK) : Inglourious Basterds: Limited Edition (Inglorious Bastards) (Blu-ray) : Blu-ray - Free Delivery

There's a long story but to cut it short I am boycotting Play thanks to certain unscrupulous actions they took which resulted in cheating me from items I paid for, however if anyone here doesn't mind if the Blu-Ray turns out to be region free can they buy me one (I'll pay P&P).

P.S. I went to the UK premiere!!! :)

EDITED TO ADD:

Amazon has it now (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inglourious...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1255644373&sr=1-1)

Bought it!

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How do Play ship steelbooks ? in a padded envelope or a box ? :rolleyes:

In toilet paper which is then 'scalped' by people writing notes with the pen on the paper - with the steelbook touching it.

If there is one thing I hate it's reading people's notes on the cover of my steelbook (grocery lists, doodles, women's phone numbers...okay, maybe I can't complain about the last one!).

Play.com (UK) : Inglourious Basterds: Limited Edition (Inglorious Bastards) (Blu-ray) : Blu-ray - Free Delivery

There's a long story but to cut it short I am boycotting Play thanks to certain unscrupulous actions they took which resulted in cheating me from items I paid for, however if anyone here doesn't mind if the Blu-Ray turns out to be region free can they buy me one (I'll pay P&P).

P.S. I went to the UK premiere!!! :)
I don't understand, you're boycotting them, so you want to order from them, through someone else? They're still getting your money. Why bother?

I don't understand, you're boycotting them, so you want to order from them, through someone else? They're still getting your money. Why bother?

Two reasons:

1) Psychological - I feel that I didn't buy from them directly

2) a message - having spoken to them on the phone for more than two months where they continuously promised to 'send your order immediately' I'm slightly more memorable than a customer who simply stopped buying but they never spoke to - in fact I have the mobile number of one person in upper management. Thus my account remaining open with 0 orders proves that no matter how enticing their offer I won't go back (even though I obviously have).

Anyway, anyone here willing to buy one for me? You don't pay till the order is dispatched in December and by mid-November I'll know if the Blu-Ray is region free in which case I can pay by any method.

In toilet paper which is then 'scalped' by people writing notes with the pen on the paper - with the steelbook touching it.

If there is one thing I hate it's reading people's notes on the cover of my steelbook (grocery lists, doodles, women's phone numbers...okay, maybe I can't complain about the last one!).

:rotfl: I would wait and see if anyone else is selling (HMV) as far as I can tell this steelbook is not a Play exclusive so you won't have to give Play your hard earned ;)

If you enlarge the image you can see it's a steelbook :smashin:

It doesn't say it's a steelbook.

:confused:

True, it might be worth querying about that - I saw the steelbook cover (they have two on sale; one with a standard Blu-Ray case, and this) and noticed it was a limited edition hence my conclusion.

:rotfl: I would wait and see if anyone else is selling (HMV) as far as I can tell this steelbook is not a Play exclusive so you won't have to give Play your hard earned ;)

If you enlarge the image you can see it's a steelbook :smashin:

I left a thanks but didn't feel it's enough so wanted to thank you again - if it's not an exclusive then I'll almost certainly buy from someone else if the price is around this mark (of course lower is better!).

The sad thing is I used to be a die-hard Play customer and have since 2001 made hundreds of orders (literal). In fact their customer service was brilliant until a couple of years ago when the problems started and I'm still owed items from them.

It also says DVD Video on the spine :oops:

I feel bad for the German buyers - after a Google search (and via Google translation) I read a conversation between fans of this film who were going to import this Blu-Ray from Play via bulk buy...only for them to get worried that customs would open it and see a bunch of Blu-Rays with swastika flags on the cover!)

I feel bad for the German buyers - after a Google search (and via Google translation) I read a conversation between fans of this film who were going to import this Blu-Ray from Play via bulk buy...only for them to get worried that customs would open it and see a bunch of Blu-Rays with swastika flags on the cover!)

:oops: I hadn't thought of that :eek: They'd be better off ordering the standard version and getting them to turn the cover art round so it's plain white :D

I have searched a few sites and there seems to be a fair bit of discussion regarding this title all believing it's a steely, but I would keep an eye on the Play site to see if it gets updated over the next few days :smashin:

I will tell you when i get Startrek 11 Blu-ray steelbook from them , only ever got Steelbooks from Amazon and they came in a Box ..

Looking forward to this though i may Pre order it .. later on if i Remember .

I would be slightly wary of the artwork on this one as its already been pointed out the pictutre on plays website is of the DVD steelbook not the blu.

I am encouraged there are 2 different blus up for pre order on Play.

Fingers crossed this is a steelbook.

Out of interest, is this the cheapest it's available for? I don't find it much of a bargain at over £17!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen other pictures of this steelie with a doctored Blu Ray logo on the spine, so i'm wary of this one so far.

Out of interest, is this the cheapest it's available for? I don't find it much of a bargain at over £17!

Some people will spend this type of cash on limited edition steelbook releases, but hey, I'm with you £17.99 is alot of money for a Blu Ray especially when it will no doubt hit the £12 -14 mark within about 2 weeks of its release, give it a couple of months and it may be down to £10.

Obviously I'm guessing here, and there are exceptions to the rule, but this film is certainly no 'Dark Knight'...

Exactly, I'd say £10-£14 at most is a bargain but not as much as £17. Don't think I've paid that for a Blu yet!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom