Inglourious Basterds steelbook - £17.99

hollerme

Play.com (UK) : Inglourious Basterds: Limited Edition (Inglorious Bastards) (Blu-ray) : Blu-ray - Free Delivery

There's a long story but to cut it short I am boycotting Play thanks to certain unscrupulous actions they took which resulted in cheating me from items I paid for, however if anyone here doesn't mind if the Blu-Ray turns out to be region free can they buy me one (I'll pay P&P).

P.S. I went to the UK premiere!!! :)

EDITED TO ADD:

Amazon has it now (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inglourious...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1255644373&sr=1-1)

Bought it!

Last edited:

paulst10

Distinguished Member
How do Play ship steelbooks ? in a padded envelope or a box ? :rolleyes:

hollerme

In toilet paper which is then 'scalped' by people writing notes with the pen on the paper - with the steelbook touching it.

If there is one thing I hate it's reading people's notes on the cover of my steelbook (grocery lists, doodles, women's phone numbers...okay, maybe I can't complain about the last one!).

Mullicious

Play.com (UK) : Inglourious Basterds: Limited Edition (Inglorious Bastards) (Blu-ray) : Blu-ray - Free Delivery

There's a long story but to cut it short I am boycotting Play thanks to certain unscrupulous actions they took which resulted in cheating me from items I paid for, however if anyone here doesn't mind if the Blu-Ray turns out to be region free can they buy me one (I'll pay P&P).

P.S. I went to the UK premiere!!! :)
I don't understand, you're boycotting them, so you want to order from them, through someone else? They're still getting your money. Why bother?

hollerme

I don't understand, you're boycotting them, so you want to order from them, through someone else? They're still getting your money. Why bother?

Two reasons:

1) Psychological - I feel that I didn't buy from them directly

2) a message - having spoken to them on the phone for more than two months where they continuously promised to 'send your order immediately' I'm slightly more memorable than a customer who simply stopped buying but they never spoke to - in fact I have the mobile number of one person in upper management. Thus my account remaining open with 0 orders proves that no matter how enticing their offer I won't go back (even though I obviously have).

Anyway, anyone here willing to buy one for me? You don't pay till the order is dispatched in December and by mid-November I'll know if the Blu-Ray is region free in which case I can pay by any method.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
In toilet paper which is then 'scalped' by people writing notes with the pen on the paper - with the steelbook touching it.

If there is one thing I hate it's reading people's notes on the cover of my steelbook (grocery lists, doodles, women's phone numbers...okay, maybe I can't complain about the last one!).

:rotfl: I would wait and see if anyone else is selling (HMV) as far as I can tell this steelbook is not a Play exclusive so you won't have to give Play your hard earned ;)

If you enlarge the image you can see it's a steelbook :smashin:

hollerme

It doesn't say it's a steelbook.

:confused:

True, it might be worth querying about that - I saw the steelbook cover (they have two on sale; one with a standard Blu-Ray case, and this) and noticed it was a limited edition hence my conclusion.

hollerme

:rotfl: I would wait and see if anyone else is selling (HMV) as far as I can tell this steelbook is not a Play exclusive so you won't have to give Play your hard earned ;)

If you enlarge the image you can see it's a steelbook :smashin:

I left a thanks but didn't feel it's enough so wanted to thank you again - if it's not an exclusive then I'll almost certainly buy from someone else if the price is around this mark (of course lower is better!).

The sad thing is I used to be a die-hard Play customer and have since 2001 made hundreds of orders (literal). In fact their customer service was brilliant until a couple of years ago when the problems started and I'm still owed items from them.

paulst10

Distinguished Member

hollerme

It also says DVD Video on the spine :oops:

I feel bad for the German buyers - after a Google search (and via Google translation) I read a conversation between fans of this film who were going to import this Blu-Ray from Play via bulk buy...only for them to get worried that customs would open it and see a bunch of Blu-Rays with swastika flags on the cover!)

paulst10

Distinguished Member
I feel bad for the German buyers - after a Google search (and via Google translation) I read a conversation between fans of this film who were going to import this Blu-Ray from Play via bulk buy...only for them to get worried that customs would open it and see a bunch of Blu-Rays with swastika flags on the cover!)

:oops: I hadn't thought of that :eek: They'd be better off ordering the standard version and getting them to turn the cover art round so it's plain white :D

I have searched a few sites and there seems to be a fair bit of discussion regarding this title all believing it's a steely, but I would keep an eye on the Play site to see if it gets updated over the next few days :smashin:

namuk

Distinguished Member

I will tell you when i get Startrek 11 Blu-ray steelbook from them , only ever got Steelbooks from Amazon and they came in a Box ..

Looking forward to this though i may Pre order it .. later on if i Remember .

bigcoralboy

I would be slightly wary of the artwork on this one as its already been pointed out the pictutre on plays website is of the DVD steelbook not the blu.

Richard

Distinguished Member
I am encouraged there are 2 different blus up for pre order on Play.

Fingers crossed this is a steelbook.

CJPowers81

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen other pictures of this steelie with a doctored Blu Ray logo on the spine, so i'm wary of this one so far.

Welsh Whirlwind

Out of interest, is this the cheapest it's available for? I don't find it much of a bargain at over £17!

Some people will spend this type of cash on limited edition steelbook releases, but hey, I'm with you £17.99 is alot of money for a Blu Ray especially when it will no doubt hit the £12 -14 mark within about 2 weeks of its release, give it a couple of months and it may be down to £10.

Obviously I'm guessing here, and there are exceptions to the rule, but this film is certainly no 'Dark Knight'...

stephentw

Exactly, I'd say £10-£14 at most is a bargain but not as much as £17. Don't think I've paid that for a Blu yet!

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom