1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infra Red Remote Appliance Switch ??

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by X6TUS, Oct 14, 2005.

1. X6TUS

X6TUS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need a remote control switch for an appliance. There are lots available that are operated by RF or X10 but those are not an option for me. I need one to use with my Pronto Remote Control so it has to be infra red, preferably with discreet on and off codes and NO dimming.

Does anyone know of such a product? I've checked various sites and can't seem to find anything.

Cheers,
    Gareth.

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Could have sworn id already replied to this the other day, but anyway X10 will work with your pronto you just need to use an ir/if x10 convertor, for just on off you would use a wired appliance module rather than the lighting version. Is there any reason why you dont want dimming?

3. X6TUS

X6TUS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I have now decided to go down the X10 route to solve my problem. I don't want dimming as I just want a simple on/off switch at present. Although now I've got X10 I guess that'll open up and lot of new areas for control :)

4. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    The good thing is that you dont have to do it all at once you can add gradually.

5. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Ive just spotted your other thread and realised i had answered it you had me thinking i was going daft there for a min