1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infra-red IR receivers for remote controls???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by MJeeves, Oct 28, 2004.

1. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi Guys,

My system is hidden away and therefore the remote sensor on the Pioneer DVD player and Pioneer receiver do not work very well at all. Has anyone used a IR receiver and if so are they any good? What make would you recommend and how much would you recommend spending?

Thanks.

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I use this one http://www.homeautomation.eu.com/product/29 there are cheaper ones such as the Powermid, or 'incupboard' hard wired ones.

I got this one because you can select between 4(?) different frequencies, the cheaper version I had before was fixed and interfered with my Wireless alarm system:zonked:

Works great, most of my kit is in a different room, this enables me to control Sky+, Amp, DVD player etc etc from the lounge.

My transmitter sits discretely in the corner of the lounge and pretty much nomatter where I point the remote it picks it up.

3. JetJockey

JetJockey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya MJ

Have a look at my thread in the Arcam forum entitled "Poor remote response".

You can pick up a nice system in Maplin for just this purpose for £24.95!!

Works like a dream.

Cheers, Gerald. :)