1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Information overload

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Peter Shilton, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Peter Shilton

Peter Shilton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!

I have been looking and posting on this forum for a week or so and I am getting further into trouble.

My problem(s) is/are:

I have brought a Toshiba 42WH18 rear projection TV and need the kit to go with it.

I used to have a Technics Prologic surround sound amp, receiver (for radio), 5 disc CD player and PS2 and cheap DVD player, plus Sky digital box (and video)

With the Toshiba there is no room for all this stuff so it has to go. I would like a DVD player that plays MP3 and also CD-r as I have a load of digital photos. Also I have a sony digital camera and would like to watch .AVI files on the DVD.

It would appear I can buy a complete Digital surround system but that defeats the point of having paid the extra for Dolby Digital on the TV. Is there a DVD player that plays CD-R and has a radio built in so I can buy the Toshiba cabinet, cut it in half to lower it as it is too big and keep my wife happy? (preferably Toshiba to cut down on the remotes and preferably for £300 ish.) Will also use it to listen to CDs. Can the PS2 be hacked to view jpegs on CD

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    A DVD with built in tuner is IMHO not available unless you go for all-in-one systems.