• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Information on my stolen bike!

LIQU1D5NAKE

Hi all

My bike was stolen from outside of Asda Great Bridge in the west midlands on monday morning. Any information leading to my bike will be rewarded with £100.

Its a Specialized Hardrock 2014 in black. I will attach a pic of the bike.

Any information will remain confidential.

Thanks everyone.

Price and currency: 100

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that the other party is genuine by providing the following via private conversation to each other after negotiations are complete and prior to dispatching goods and making payment:

• Landline telephone number. Make a call to check out the area code and number are correct, too
  • Name and address including postcode
  • Valid e-mail address
DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

LIQU1D5NAKE

The bike in question

Attachments

• 1396962012091.jpg
    1396962012091.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 563

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
I'm moving this in to to GC as it's not a classifieds advert and I would imagine you'll get more exposure in here.

Regards

LIQU1D5NAKE

No distinct marks really. Few scratches here and there from general usage. Thanks!

nheather

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear about your loss.

It's this sort of thing that really puts me off leaving my cycle anywhere.

Cheers,

Nigel

LIQU1D5NAKE

Thanks but thee cctv picks up someone walking up to my nmbike with bolt cutters and literally just takes my bike! Cant see the face at all... police have 'filed' the case as you cant see the suspects face! You gotta wonder sometimes about the people who we pay to help and protect us

John

Are they supposed to use ESP to find your bike ?

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
What kind of lock did you use?

*Yes, I know telling us won't help us find your bike, but the information might stop someone else's from being stolen.

AlanS86

I don't want to come across as pesamistic but chances are the bike won't be found. It will be sold very quickly and for almost nothing unless it was only taken for "fun".

I had a bike stolen from my own shed in 2012 and it never turned up. I spent hours on all the general selling sites and was a hawk each time a saw I bike pass.

I wish you the best of luck finding it though, I know how horrible the feeling is.

LIQU1D5NAKE

Yh ive pretty much accepted that the bike os gone. Just thought I would ask on here as 100s of eyes are better tgan just mine. The lock I used was a masterlock. Cant remember the model but it was around £30 when I bought it. I have no idea what ESP is.

LIQU1D5NAKE

Well guess what... my new bike got stolen today from inside asda grounds. It was locked up against the external fence in the home shopping area and when I finished my shift some lowlife scum has cut through the fence and took my bike! I can't believe what some people are willing to do these days. It makes me sick! Luckily ASDA are going to pay me out via their insurance so if anyone is selling a mountain bike please do let me know

Pisto_Grih

Distinguished Member
I can't believe you're not taking better care of your belongings - it's no flipping good buying a lock that can't be cut through, then locking it to a wire fence!!

Sandman

Distinguished Member
I can't believe you're not taking better care of your belongings - it's no flipping good buying a lock that can't be cut through, then locking it to a wire fence!!

I am sure you could have found a nicer way to put your point across (as vaild as it may be).

Two in a month?

LIQU1D5NAKE

Yep two in a month. Absolutely gutted. Don't really want opinions from people who aint got anything good or productive to say. I'm gonna upload a pic of the fence where it happened just so you can see how determined these scrotes are!

LIQU1D5NAKE

As you can see in the corner!

Attachments

• 1398960535995.jpg
    1398960535995.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 374

LIQU1D5NAKE

And for your information it was locked to the thicker post you can see. They cut through my lock aswell I'm guessing

Or they could have lifted it up?

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
No mater how you secure the bike, if its exposed and some scum bag wants it, they will take it. It will appeal even more with its well know Specialized name. I suggest you buy what ever bike you like, keep it secure at home and ride it when you want, I would also get a clunky less desirable used "pub" bike for leaving at Asda, as long as it works but look less worthwhile I am sure its less likely to get stollen. I bought a early 80s Saracen MTB (was red faded to orange) in full working order for 30£, something even a scum bag would turn their nose up at. Actually a nice bike to ride!

NorvernRob

Distinguished Member
I think you need a better lock and a better place to leave your bikes!

These get really good reviews as being difficult to crack: Abus Granit-54 X-Plus: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors

There's a double pack featured below with a cable lock too. More info on Wiggle:

Wiggle | Abus Granit X Plus 54 23cm Bike D Lock | D Locks

Always make sure any D lock is pretty much full. Lock it around as many parts of the bike as it will fit around, and don't leave any space for them to get anything in as any D lock can be broken in seconds with a car jack, but they can't do that if there is no space.

Also always point the lock downwards, it's much harder to hit it with anything and drill/pick it that way too. If using a chain, put it as high up as possible so thieves can't use the ground as leverage with bolt cutters.

m4rky_m4rk

Yh ive pretty much accepted that the bike os gone. Just thought I would ask on here as 100s of eyes are better tgan just mine. The lock I used was a masterlock. Cant remember the model but it was around £30 when I bought it. I have no idea what ESP is.

I had a bike stolen from my garage. The police recovered it in a raid about a year later from a fence. Judging by the sate of it and my bike computer it hadn't been ridden since the day it was nicked.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett