Information on BAE Systems Testing Day!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pre-Apprentice, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Pre-Apprentice

Pre-Apprentice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been invited to the testing day for BAE Systems. Does anyone know anything about the test itself? what it consists of? any information regarding the test? or from previous experiences..
    Please email me with anything you have. Thanks

2. Newton's Ring

Newton's Ring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
  3. Pre-Apprentice

Pre-Apprentice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been invited to the testing day for BAE Systems. Does anyone know anything about the test itself? what it consists of? any information regarding the test? or from previous experiences..
    Please leave comments with anything you have. Thanks

4. The Dude

The Dude
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,241
    Am I missing the joke here??? :confused:

5. Pre-Apprentice

Pre-Apprentice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No You Haven't Missed It.. Because There Isn't One!

6. CDphobe

CDphobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm not sure exactly what you've been invited to since BAE Systems has a wide range of sites, application processes and business units. However, I used to be involved in the graduate interview systems, the professional applications and the executive recruitment processes as an interviewer/observer. The important thing is simply to be yourself. A little background knowledge on the company and position you're applying for goes a long way, but beyond that there's probably little that you can do to improve your chances other than being prepared - and by that I mean consider what you are expecting from a position, what you believe you can offer, and what makes you different from any other applicant. Be yourself, make the most of the opportunity, remember that you're being assessed the whole time you're there, and enjoy as much as you can.

Best of luck

Al

PS I left BAE Systems nearly 3 years ago, but the above has always struck me as good practice for any interview process so, whilst it may not be spot on, it'll stand you in good stead no matter what.

7. Pre-Apprentice

Pre-Apprentice
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I have applied for an electrician apprenticeship with BAE Systems and have been successful. I have been invited to the test day and I am not sure what to expect. Can you shed some light on the test from your experience at BAE Systems? Thanks

8. CDphobe

CDphobe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I'm afraid I have no experience of the apprenticeship schemes in BAE Systems, only the graduate / professional / executive recruitment. However, the same principles will still apply (especially the bit about being yourself and remembering that you'll be being assessed throughout the day, not just when there's someone sitting in front of you!). I suspect that, for the apprenticeship entry, you'll be asked to show some of the skills you've learnt already so be prepared to demonstrate your best handiwork - but bear in mind that this is pure guesswork and assumes you've already done a certain amount of college work before applying. If they've taken you on to put you through college as well then it comes back to your drive and determination.

Al