Infocus76 release date and where to pre-order?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by FlyingBig, Mar 13, 2006.

1. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Preparing myself to buy this projector and ideally would like to do so now but having heard it is to be shipped mid march sometime i can't find it any where on-line. Is there a chance that this could be released worldwide at the sametime or is a new projector generally released first in the states which means that maybe i will be waiting a few months before its available on our shores? Hoping its the former. :rolleyes:

2. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Should be here before the end of March here from the information we have :)

3. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oh nice, thats not soo bad. Any idea on a retail price yet? :)

4. magicman72

magicman72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    sorry to go OT slightly.
    I wanted a 76 for it's beautiful looks & good price but was then persuaded to go 7210 as I was told it is a far superior picture.
    Now I am debating on going back to the 76, but I need before 2nd week of April.

What do you guys think ?
    This is my first PJ & I seem to be unable to make up my mind.:suicide:

5. wizard of oz1

wizard of oz1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    COMET will start selling it as £1699.It is in their system but there is no date for availability.I think in next couple of weeks according to my sources.

6. FlyingBig

FlyingBig
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thx...i heard this was the recommended retail price. I am hoping i can find it on-line for a lower price :p

Sirees: I would play it safe and go with the latest and greatest :D I mean on paper it does everything you want it to do and it is fully HD ready.

7. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    7210 should be quite a bit better than the IN76. Depends if you are susceptible to rainbows. If you are, then the 7210 is your best bet. However, have you thought of looking at Optoma's H72i & H79, which are comparitive to the IN76 & 7210? The Optoma's will probably give you a better depth & 3 dimensionality because of their higher contrast, but the H72i does show quite a lot of rainbowing, apparently. I've got an H79 & haven't seen one yet on it, which I'm quite surprised about since I am prone to them. I've just upgraded from an Infocus 7205 to an Optoma H79 & it was well worth it. You become so immersed in action scenes because of the punchy contrast, & colours are just so believeable, but vibrant also. H79 can be had for £2495, and many experienced members rate it over the 7210, + it's the quietest projector out there & has lens shift.