Infocus4805 & grey screen???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xander_rander, Aug 24, 2004.

1. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there all

I was orignally gonna get the ThemesceneH30 but i spoke to some dudes from Sevenoaks and he recommended the 4805! and i should be demoing s0on but, the question is: -

Is it true that i need to get a gray screen for the 4805 instead of white one???

Thanks dudes/etts :rotfl:

2. martian1

martian1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +667
    I wouldn't pay to much attention to severnoaks i think they must have fell out with themescene as they tried to put me off as well said they sounded like lawnmowers :rotfl:
    Anyway to confuse u a bit more had a demo of Screenplay 5700 [DLP] a Hitachi PJ- TX10 and a Sony HS20 [Ithink] i did not see any rainbows with screenplay although i was not blown away by picture either, blacks were not great and a little bit smearing on fast moving scenes. The guy said it had been properly calibrated so u decide !
    The Hitachi was a nice little m/c a bit plasticky though, could see panel structure but still not bad for the price. Watched lotr on it.
    The guy then said he would set up the sony, unplugged Hitachi stuck it on carpet then pulled the sony onto coffee table. Plugged it in used test patern to align and away it went [what a peice of pi.. to set up] The picture [lotr] was lovely the best :clap: no panel structure great blacks and colour...I want one :devil:
    Get more than one demo before u buy and good luck...

3. LDR

LDR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Im using a 4805 with a DRH screen with no problems at all, just try to make sure you block out as much light in the room as possible.

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,794
    Grey screens work well if you have ambient light in the room, or if you want to improve the black level. If you don't have issues with either of those, then a white screen should be fine.

Gary.

5. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL i can understand u saying that they fell out with Themescene because as s0on as i said the name the dude was like " none in sorry, but i have this 4805 which is far better". . . commission talk i say :smashin:

yea i think i will demo both tho thats for sure! its just the screen i think im going to have a real problem with but i will get them to maybe demo on a couple of screens also, if they can that is!

But on another note. . . thanks for the replys dude, much needed :thumbsup: