infocus x9 vs optoma hd65

Mr Regan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Sorry for posting this up :devil: but im torn between the infocus x9 and the optoma hd65. i have read all the threads on both and still can't decide:suicide:
i know both are good but which is the better one :lease: i know some will be biased towards there pj:lesson:

but has anyone auditioned them back to back which came out top:rolleyes:

tried them both for many tests and the X9 was better than the HD65 in many ways.

no need for people to ask this question anymore :thumbsup:

:smashin:

tried them both for many tests and the X9 was better than the HD65 in many ways.

Yep and not better in other ways.

I have read some official projector site reviews - Everyone will have there own opinions and several different review sites give different results as well)

To be honest i would buy whichever one you can get either cheaper or quicker. I was in the same boat - got the HD65 as decided it would look better when mounted due to its colour. I must say it is an awesome piece of kit and having never used either the X9 or HD65 I can say that I was more than 100% happy when first used and now 200% once calibrated (as which I would have been if I got the X9. (apart from the remote on the X9))

and what other ways is it not better :eek:

have you compared them back to back using the same equipment?

yes the remotes poor, but once setup i dont even touch it as is programmed into my harmony 885, either way a tiny remote wouldnt stop me buying the PJ.

and as for deciding on looks....well im not going to say anything. im more interested in how it performs than how it looks on my ceiling.

dont take my comments to heart, everyones choices are different

Last edited:
Not the first time this has been asked

The search is your friend ;)

clicky1

clicky2

and what other ways is it not better :eek:

Only from my research - the HD65 is sharper X9 slightly better colours out of the box - if i remember correctly - and again different people & different reviews sites all have there own contrasting opinions

have you compared them back to back using the same equipment?

"and having never used either the X9 or HD65" = obviously not :D

I believe that most would be happy with either, so not really a big deal. Depends on what floats your boat - cosmetic looks for some, technical details for others. All i know is that for the X9 the colour and remote put me off, and to get the best from the X9 you ideally need to buy an additional filter as reported to be to bright and washes the picture out. The X9 has a longer bulb life (not a huge diff) but the bulb costs more (again not a huge diff)

So i refer back to my orginal post - buy which everone you either prefer the look of or costs cheaper, has best offers (ie free screen) etc etc. I am sure at the end of the day you would never know the differences unless you specifically set out to compare and will be very happy with either:D

The X9 is the sharper image, the remote is small and not backlit but I never use it now so its of no concern to me. There is no need for an ND2 filter but it gets the best out of the PJ with the calibration.

If its down to cost then the HD65 might be for you. :smashin:

CinemaChap you sounding like a bit of a fan boy :rotfl:
I have a HD65 and im happy with it I cant say if its any better then the x9 as I
dont no. what I do know is after looking on the forum it looks like you would be happy with both. you could all so look at Optoma HD700X or Optoma gt7000
there around the same price and all mentto be good. SO I would say get the one that is the right money for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom