1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ducati, Jun 19, 2004.

1. ducati

ducati

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I JUST WONDERD HAS ANYONE EVER HAD OR SEEN A INFOCUS X1 IN ACTION IF SO COULD YOU GIVE ME YOUR HONEST OPINION :thumbsup:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the Forums.....

POSTING IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS REGARDED AS SHOUTING.......... so just use ordinary text and folk will get the message just fine....................

There are a few X1 owners on the forum, but traffic is usually slower over the weekend. Use the "Search" button at the top of the page, you won't get it to respond to "X1" (too few characters, but "Infocus" should unearth some stuff................ there's also a link to a super X1 page in the Projector FAQ.

SEan G.

3. halflitre

halflitre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the re-badged IBM ilv300 clone of the X1 (same machine, black case instead of silver) and I can honestly say it is the best £700 I have EVER spent.

The only fault of this projector is that it costs so little. This fact means that all those who've spent at least twice that will rubbish it to justify their stupidity.

I daren't tell them I've added an ASDA DVD player and Surround system (£34 and £49), 3 blackout blinds from IKEA (£48), 10m SVHS cable (£7), some white paint for a screen (£7.99), black Duck tape (£2.99) for a border round the screen and a homemade wooden shelf to mount the projector (free - bits of wood in shed).

And my only disapointment is that I later found out B&Q had the Duck tape for 99p...

Even adding the picture I had to buy to hang over the screen for when it's not in use (keeps "our lass" happy - £49.99 IKEA) - I got lots of change from a grand.

Get one - in fact, if your projector budget is up to £1500, then get TWO and stick the other one in your bedroom. You and your partner will be pleasantly surprised as to how much better your collection of "art" movies (nudge nudge, wink wink) are on a 7 foot plus (diagonal) screen.

Regards,

Andy

PS - Expect the "10mm-squared-speaker-cable-and-24-carat-gold-phono-plugs" brigade to react to my comments with horror...but then they would, wouldn't they...

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    lol...... :laugh:

That very rarely happens around here in my experience............... most people (including me...) would applaud your ability to put together a "big screen" experience for the price of a TV. The day that the forum becomes a contest to see who pays the most money for their kit is the day that I'll be on my way - I got into this because of the lure of a 7' movie screen and 1500hrs of projector time later it still puts a grin on my face ( the grin that my daughters and their friends get out of it is priceless). Different people have different budgets (or different priorities, other hobbies, family committments etc.) I guess the key is to get the best mix of value and performance. I'm personally unimpressed by "toy collectors" (buying stuff because it's expensive...) but buying a different projector to get improved performance etc. is completely natural.... or so I keep telling Mrs Ritz...... with very little success !!!! :eek:

The X1 has a huge following as an entry level projector in the US (plenty of evidence on avsforum) - the only downside is for people who are susceptible to rainbows - the slow speed wheel can make this an issue.

My 2c.

Sean G.

5. fama

fama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    halflitre
    Im sure your not the only one to appreciate the x1.
    Given you been so frugal you deserve to treat yourself to another
    £576.67 inc VAT at ebuyer

6. ducati

ducati

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wups zoz about caps dint realise thanks for the info i think i might have to purchase :thumbsup: