1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1 settings

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by avo, Aug 28, 2005.

1. avo

avo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

can anyone help i have a infocus x1 and i am projecting on a screen i made with icestorm 6 painted on it .what sort of contrast brighness and colour setting would i expext to use or should i be using ?

if i incress the brightness level to 75% will this reduce my lamp hours?

my projector is sitting 4 meters away from the screen in a total dark room .

thanks in advance . :thumbsup:

2. mavice

mavice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    avo

you should really set it up using a calibration DVD (as a minimum)

this will allow you to set correct contrast and brighness and colour balance

as a rule of thumb - I always had contrast on 50% for dvd and 55 for tv (source depending) and brightness no more than 50% in a dark room

in a pitch black room, you can adjust the brightness up from 20% until the black background (ideally the black border on widescreen film) begins to go grey...then back down a few percent. This should be around 45 to 50% (again depending on source) and is a very non scientific way of max brightness before blacks go grey.

also, make sure your lamp is set to film / cinema mode, this reduces the output and will lengthen the lamp life. :smashin:

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    Hi avo,

The lamp output doesn't change with brightness and contrast, only the way the mirrors dither to represent those levels. The only setting that will have an effect on your lamp is having it in low or eco mode, and so will make it last longer.

Switching on has an effect on the lamp as it has to strike an arc, so having it on for 4 hours can make it last longer than switching it off and on again for two two hour stints.

Gary.

4. RichieG

RichieG
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Flash it with 4800 firmware and the movie preset is pretty good. It comes very close to my 'calibrated' settings.

5. avo

avo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

Thanks for the comments it now gives me an idea on what to aim for ..

thanks again
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: