1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1/Screenplay-4800 and Themescene h30 demos

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Brendakov, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Brendakov

Brendakov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am looking for a cheap DLP projector for use with TV/games consoles (I have a Sony VPL-VW10HT LCD pj I bought a few years ago for other things) and was wondering if anyone knew of places in Buckinghamshire (or London) that can demo these machines?

Many thanks for any information that can be provided.

2. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Hi

I went to Musical Images in Covent Gardens today and took a look at a Infocus 4805. They also have a 4800. They can arrange to ship it to their Edgeware branch for comparison against others. They didn't have an X1 and I dont think they do H30's anymore - the guy I spoke to (for an hour or so) didn't rate it having stocked it for demo's.

Also saw the £20k infocus - gobsmacking!!!! But it would be (or should be) for that sort of money!

Give them a shout and see - otherwise try Sevenoakes in Watford. Always seem to be quite helpful. I would consider the 4805 (£1300) but I found the rainbow effect and it's put me off a bit. Everytime you look away and then back at the screen there it is a flash of colour, similar to the effect of a 50hz tv.

I did ask the chap to put it into Progressive but the £1900 arcam dvd player he was using wouldn't do that!!

Hope this helps.

Tone

3. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I spoke to HiFi City in Watford, they stock the themescene so try them out!

Its a small problem having to go from shop to shop but to be honest after a while some sales people really do your head in (if you know what I mean). Go on about one item, dont listen to your point of view and think your a bit of a nonce because your asking questions.

Any further help required mate??

Tone
    Think I've ranted enuff!

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have heard that Neil at Audiovision in St Neots has the Optoma and the infocus for a bit of a dual.

Cheers

Tone

5. Brendakov

Brendakov
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the info, much appreciated!