1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1 replacement lamp

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Simon Fitz, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Simon Fitz

Simon Fitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just purchased an ex-demo Infocus X1 with 12 hrs on the lamp at what I think is a really good price (STG£765 excl VAT, opinions not welcome as it is too late now !!). No evidence of rainbows during the demo but I'll keep you posted. I had to go to the UK to buy it as prices in Ireland are very poor (I was quoted as much as 100% more than UK and 150% more than USA). From my buyers experiences the Irish market is in need of a good retail outlet ...:(:(:(

I want to buy a spare bulb. Can anyone recommend a good site / shop with reasonable prices ? :hiya::confused:

The best I can get thus far is the Infocus web site @ USD$299 but they don't ship to Europe.

Regards,

Simon:) :smashin:

2. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Simon,

I have been advised by a local retailer that the price of a replacement lamp for the X1 is £300. But, in reality, are you going to spend this amount of money and have the lamp sit on the shelf, just in case of a failure? I use my X1 for 10-12 hours a week, this should allow 5 to 6 years of life for the lamp. Do many of these lamps expire prematurely? I have now idea, but what are the consequences, would you be without the PJ for a week or so until you could source a new lamp? I would probably spend the money on DVD’s or a better screen or a progressive scan scaler or a progressive scan player, or.... add some other non-home cinema things you could spend £300 on. After all with just 12 hours on the clock, theoretically you have potentially 2988 hours left on the lamp. Unless of course you have a suspicion that the elapse timer has been reset!

Paul