1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1 picture problems - Help!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Hrobjartur, May 17, 2005.

1. Hrobjartur

Hrobjartur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Infocus X1 gives a very clear picture when fed a signal from my DVD player, until I connect the 6 channel audio output into my AV receiver (analogue model) at which point the picture quality deteriorates markedly and horizontal bands drift up and down the screen. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions on how to solve this annoying problem would be much appreciated! :)

2. johan81

johan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have experienced this EXACT same problem, solution? Luckily very simple for my situation and probably yours as well: Connect EVERY device connected to each other on a grounded power socket! And gone with the wind is the distortion.
    I hope this helps! :smashin:

3. Hrobjartur

Hrobjartur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Johan,

I took your advice and am happy to report that the problem is solved and I am now enjoying crystal clear picture quality from my X1! :thumbsup:

Dank u wel! :)
    Hróbjartur

4. johan81

johan81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Alstublieft, and be happy with this great thing! I'm glad I helped you out with this!!! (I know what a pain it can be...)

5. Hrobjartur

Hrobjartur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've pinpointed the source of this problem. It was the cable box. When the coax cable is disconnected from it all picture interference disappears. The cable box was obviously causing a ground loop due to it being grounded in a different location to the rest of my AV equipment.