infocus x1 connection which one is better

jazzman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

I have a question i have a marantz sr 7500 receiver and an infocus x1 which and a marantz dv 6500 dvd player everything is connected to the x1 with component video cable through the 7 pin svideo adapter.

This means that i am not using the progressive scan mode of the dvd player which i assume should do a better job then the dvd player.

My receiver is unfortunatly connected to my receiver via composite i know that the marantz receiver has video upconversion which is just sending the video composite signals through the component video cable but afterall its not improoving the signal since the source is composite video.

My main question is would my picture quality be lower for tv watching if i were to to buy another composite cable and connect the satelite through composite directly to the x1 and use the progressive scan of the dvd by connecting the component cables to the vga input.

some advice will be highly appreciated

all the best

anyone :lease:

jazzman said:
Hello folks,

I have a question i have a marantz sr 7500 receiver and an infocus x1 which and a marantz dv 6500 dvd player everything is connected to the x1 with component video cable through the 7 pin svideo adapter.

This means that i am not using the progressive scan mode of the dvd player which i assume should do a better job then the dvd player.

My receiver is unfortunatly connected to my receiver via composite i know that the marantz receiver has video upconversion which is just sending the video composite signals through the component video cable but afterall its not improoving the signal since the source is composite video.

My main question is would my picture quality be lower for tv watching if i were to to buy another composite cable and connect the satelite through composite directly to the x1 and use the progressive scan of the dvd by connecting the component cables to the vga input.

some advice will be highly appreciated

all the best

thanks a lot i kinda replied to you over there too.

Jim McC said:
I already answered you at Avsforum.com.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom