1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus X1 colour/brightness setup ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sconie, Aug 14, 2004.

1. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Having recieved my X1 yesterday, I am very hapy with the PJ, my home made screen and the prog cable, easy to get started out of the box though adjusting the Pj to get a proper screen fit is a bit of a pain.

Having searched through the forums I have found bits and pieces about adjusting colour/brightness and the like, but can anyone recommend or clarify the settings I should be aiming for, the default picture was washed out looking so I have increased the brightness/contrast and the red and blue a little and it looks a little better.

Any advice would be great and I will try them out later and report back, as I am sure there will be many new X1 owners on these forums now it can be picked up for £563.

2. dazmanultra

dazmanultra
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same projector, just projecting onto a white wall at the moment. I have it set to "video" mode, with the brightness on 58 and contrast on 62. I have reduced the green to 45 and the blue to 45.

Seems to work quite nicely at the moment... althought i'm always fiddling!

3. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks I wil fiddle this evening, the "video" mode , is that in picture settings ?

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Have you checked out the X1 link in the FAQ ? Lots of X1 goodness in there............ :cool:

Sean G.

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best option is to acquire a calibration disc such as Avia or DVE, Avia being my favourite & available in the Powerbuy forum.

:smoke:

6. 45six

45six
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I click on the FAQ button, I get a search box.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/faq.php?

Entering X1 returns no results, can you offer a direct link please ?

7. sconie

sconie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/
    That is the FAQ link, I tweaked again last night, now on high contrast with low brightness higher red mid blue and low green lookks a lot better, though I am hoping to find a richer colour setting, anyone else got any tips (please no high tech geek stuff).

On another note I have made a nice projector stand that adjusts up and down, I knocked it up out of a B&Q corner shelf, some spare wood and an adjustable bolt from an old vice, very nice setup I have now, thanks to all the tips around here.

8. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmmm, I've got to say I've not moved mine away from the factory defaults. Out of the box I got (and still get) a crisp highly defined and colour realistic presentation. Now this has to clarified in so much as I've found the source to be the problem when the picture is less than spectacular. Indeed I probably would be a bit concerned if I had to move the setting far from the standard defaults. My room is very dark and I use a grey screen which of course helps.

Paul