1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus x1 16.9 from 4.3 chip

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BigGEORDIE, Aug 4, 2004.

1. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The light at the top & bottom on a 16.9 image got right on my nerves, so I made my screen from MDF board painted with non reflective matt white paint, at least three coats. I took into acount the light at the top and bottom on a 16.9 image and painted a big black border around the outsides , this adds percieved contrast to the image and hides the light at the top and bottom of image. The whole thing looks great. I spent a fiver on the board and 15 pounds on the paint and I got the INFOCUS X1 for 588 pounds. So for about 600 pounds I am watching a 73 inch 16.9 screen that's flatter than a plasma. You would have to pay 10 grand for a 73 inch plasma and I doubt the picture would be that great. It is nothing short of amazing the quality I am watching for so little money.

2. alan5757

alan5757

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
  3. BigGEORDIE

BigGEORDIE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    No I just did a lot of reading about it on the web and mags. I then found it on sale at 588 pounds from ebuyer and snapped it up. At that price it wasn't much of a gamble.