Infocus SP 4805 Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by emmahip, Sep 12, 2007.

1. emmahip

emmahip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a bit confused - hopefully this isn't a daft question but I would really apreciate some help!
    :lease:
    I have got a Pioneer 656 dvd player with component video out and I have purchased a convertor box to make this a hdmi signal.

When I connect my hdmi - dvi cable and then plug into the m1-dvi adaptor on my infocus sp4805 I get no signal.

All the individual parts work as I've tested each with th projector or my Panasonic Viera TV.

Will replacing the hdmi-dvi cable and the dvi-m1 adaptor with one m1 - hdmi cable solve my problem? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and need to get a new DVD player? (if so it would need to be multi-region and not too expensive)

Many thanks for any help!

:suicide:

2. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Why not just plug the DVD into the projector with a component cable?

There is no point converting component to HDMI then sending it to the projector.

3. p5yco

p5yco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have a similar setup mate, same projector but pioneer 575 dvd player, connected via component this gives a great picture, if you have two component devices you wish to connect try using the the component switching on your av amp if you have one.

4. emmahip

emmahip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys - I used to connect via the component but a mate has been using the m1 connection and it gives a noticeably better picture.

I am hanging out for digital but waiting to see who will win out HD or BluRay before I buy a new player.

Just got an email back from Cable Universe where I bought the adaptor asking how long the dvi - hdmi cable i'm using is. They think it should work :eek: guess if I have to replace that cable it wouldn't be too bad....

Will let you know what they say........

Just had a phone call (hats off to this company - they are really helpful!) should work but doesn't so have put it down to an incompatibity problem and I can return it.

Back to the old drawing board then.......