InFocus SP 4805 colourn wheel explosion

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ROZ, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ROZ

ROZ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So I start to watch a movie at the weekend. After five minutes there's an almighty screech and the image goes weird. I quickly turn it off and let it cool down. Upon taking out the bulb housing I find the colour wheel has exploded.:(

This is all after having to shell out best part of £200 to get InFocus to replace the light tube (because they use glue in a hot environment to fix 'em!!!) :mad:

So now I'm faced with shelling out again, finding someone else to do it, or finding a colour wheel and doing it myself (although I understand IF do NOT sell parts.

Anyone got suggestions?
    :lease:

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    Your probably best off selling it on as spairs and repairs and getting a new/used unit, as the 4805 is fairly old now.

Other projectors of the time may have shared a common colour wheel.

Another option would be to buy another 4805 if there is a decent amount of life in the bulb, sometimes bulbless units are on ebay, otherwise a used one with some bulb life left should go for less than they want for repairs.