InFocus Screenplay 5700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fransico, Sep 20, 2007.

1. fransico

fransico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

Im new to all this with projectors. Gonna build myself a home cinema and im starting to look for projectors.

A friend of mine asked me if I want to buy his infocus sp 5700 with a new lamp. I know its an old prjocetor and for the price of it I will get an zanyo
    z4 (used) or something similliar to that.

Is it worth to buy this projector or should I go for a new one as my first projector.

Im gonna uppgrade to a bether projector in about 1 year when the 1080p projectors fall in price.

Kind regards Fredrik

2. Pop up Dragon

Pop up Dragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi
    I had the 5700 until just last month, i think its a great projector and only replaced it due to the fall in prices of the 720 machines.

3. IanCurtis

IanCurtis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    It depends how much he's asking...but I'd expect to pay less for a 5700 than even a HD70 or Ptax100,say around the £500 mark.

The 5700 is the only DLP I've seen where there was no noticeable rainbow effect(and I suffer from them badly;i.e the Hd73 and HD80 were unwatchable)The only reservation I have about the 5700 is the high pitched whine from the colour wheel,but if you can live with that I'd say go for it.

4. jason shep

jason shep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +420
    hi Fransico,i recently sold my 5700 to forum member Suniil for £250,it is a great projector and i had perfect reliability from it,although its 1024x576 res it still looks great with hd sources,:thumbsup:

5. rs mexico

rs mexico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Wow HD80 rainbow ,unwatchable.Was looking at one to replace my 5700.I agree no rainbow images at all ,might have to wait till the in81/82 come down in price and have a showing.This is the first ive heard of a rainbow prob with the Hd80.My first pj was a nightmare for this a 4800.

6. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The 5700 second hand is a good idea for a first pj especially with a new lamp. Sunil got a particularly good deal, I sold mine for £450. No probs with the colour wheel and its a better pj IMO than the z4. Try it out and make sure the throw is suitable for your room. I changed my 5700 for the 7210 to get a bigger image for the same throw. :thumbsup: