1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus Screenplay 4805 owners - comments please.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stevegreen, Aug 23, 2005.

1. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    This projector seems to fit my needs as far as performance is concerned. Having had a look on Projector Central, I can virtually fill the one wall of my room with an image and sit far enough back for it not to be overbearing.

Just after some feedback from owners on how it has performed for you, has rainbow effect been an issue etc etc.

I'm not sure about 'how' the projector can be sited, I was hoping to have a shelf for it to sit on near to the top of the room, thus it would need to be tilited to get the image on the screen correctly, is this just done manually?? (sorry for being thick! :eek: )

Also, i'm a bit confused about connections. I am hoping to connect up an Xbox (then a 360) and initially a Pioneer 656 DVD player with a Yamaha RXV 496RDS amp. An amp upgrade and a HTPC will be next.

Can I do all this with one lead to the PJ or will I need to connect the XBox separately?

Thanks in advance.

2. neil c

neil c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If you are using your PJ with a HTPC and an Xbox 360 I would seriously reconsider buying a 4805. You will miss out on all the HD content that will be available. A high definition projector may be a better bet.

The Sanyo Z3 is currently going for around £800 including an extra lamp, dead pixel check and delivery, plus it's probably the most popular PJ on this forum. Combine this with the Sanyo 3 year warranty and you're onto a winner.

It has a highly flexible lens shift - this should enable you to position the picture almost exactly where you want.

Search the forum for more info on the Z3.

3. mightyoakbob

mightyoakbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    All I can say is I've had my 4805 since last October and demo'd it to many people. All were shocked at how good it was, none have seen a rainbow. I'm not saying it can't happen but I would be astonished if anyone had a problem with rainbows on a 4805.

My sreen is 8feet wide and 4.5 feet high. The 4805 is mounted upside down on a projector mount screwed to the rear wall of my lounge directly above my seat.

One tip:- do clean the lense often. Makes a much bigger difference than you might expect.

Sorry, I know nothing of Xboxes thankfully.

Connections, I use component from my Sony DVD player and Svideo from my S-VHS video recorder.

All very good indeed, quite stunning actually, highly recomended.

4. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If your looking to buy a XBox360 don't buy an Infocus 4805 (its not hidef). If you want a DLP look at the BenQ 7700, or play the waiting game, as in a couple of months the new PJ models should be hitting the shops.

5. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    Thanks for the replies :smashin:

6. shaolin95

shaolin95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah wait and wait and wait as there is always something better coming up. Honestly I will buy the 4805 or save for a 720p DLP. I wouldnt go for an LCD cause right now the Z3 and ae700 lack the contrast and black levels of a 4805 or H31 and a washed out higher res image isnt better than a punchy and more accurate lower res one. What I did is, I bought the 4805 and will probably wait for 1080p DLPs or till a good quality 720p falls in the 4805's price range.
    Regards

7. stevegreen

stevegreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +984
    I have been very impressed by your pictures shaolin :smashin:

8. biglyle

biglyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "and a washed out higher res image isnt better than a punchy and more accurate lower res one."

truer words were never spoken.

9. shaolin95

shaolin95

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks man! I wish they were able to show minor detail that I am able to see but its a $100 Fuji 2650 camera so I cant ask for more. :)