1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus M1 adaptor

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by russ123, Jan 10, 2005.

1. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I am trying to connect my Infocus 4805 to my Denon 2910 via HDMI. I can't seem to find anywhere here in the UK that can supply an adaptor. I am looking for approximately 8m cable. Nowhere seems to have the adaptors listed on their website or the couple that do are out of stock. Anyone know where has them or where I can get a custom one made? Thanks

2. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is something I am trying to find out too. Apparently www.hifix.co.uk sell them for £27. 95 but I cannot seem to find any ref on there website...I had to email to find out that they did.

The other option is to have a HDMI to DVI cable and get an adaptor from www.lindy.com that will fit from DVI to M1-DA.

However I am trying to future-proof myself and I am wondering if I go for the Lindy option that in time, if I change my projector, and that has a straight HDMI input, then am I going to be stuck with a DVI output?

So ideally I could with a HDMI to HDMI with an adaptor.

3. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I was hoping for a straight M1 to HDMI cable as I would rather not have to use an adaptor but nobody seems to do those. There are supposedly M1 to HDMI adaptors made Les so you should technically be able to go your preferred route and simply then add an HDMI to HDMI to this. It is just actually finding them and at a sensible price.

4. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
  5. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Hi Les, thanks - I have gone for one of those. They don't have any stock but say they are expecting 2 the end of next week so here's hoping my name is down for one of them and that they come through.

6. russ123

russ123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Just an update in case anyone else has the same question. The M1 to hdmi adaptor came through from Media Atlantic (half the price of anywhere else in the UK I could find one :smashin: ) and I have then used an 8m Better Cables hdmi lead which I got from Joe Fernand. Initially had problem with flicker but changing the power lead on the projector seems to have cured this. Thanks one and all. :thumbsup: