Infocus LS110 and Toshiba MT5 in UK?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ian_guinan, Nov 14, 2001.

1. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Has anyone any word as to when the LS110 and its Tosh clone the MT5 may be making it to our shores and for how much?

They look pretty good according to the specs; See their website at;

http://www.infocushome.com/

and might just be what I'm looking for (especially the Toshiba if it puts all its connections at the end of an umbilical cable as rumoured).

Fed up waiting for Plus Piano distributors to make their mind up what they are doing with the Piano (you know who you are Rapesco) and disappointed that it doesn't seem to do 480p. So these are currently on my shortlist with possibly this new Hitachi..would like to see one first....in some fantasy parallel universe you could walk into a shop and have these demo'ed side-by-side, some hope here!

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

2. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ian,
    Sounds like you are in the same position as me, I have approx 4 1/2 K to spend and am waiting for these projectors. Sadly my guess at the pricing is probably about 4 grand for the Infocus/Tosh, and probably about 3 grand for the Piano. Sadly this is rip off Britain. They probably won't arrive until sometime next year either. The temptation to import from Europe is rising fast. I certainly don't think Rapesco are interested in the home cinema market.
    P.s I read on the avs forum that the Tosh doesn't actually have the umbilical cord.

3. robocook

robocook
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Given the prices on the Piano on Plus-Vision's own e-shop the Piano should come in at around £2350 in the UK.

Listing in the Germany "Coming Soon" shop at 3500 Euros - given that we're in the EU there shouldn't be any barriers to buying it at that price.

I'm parking my money in the bank for now.