1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus LP530

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Aero, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Aero

Aero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. This is my first post in here. I am a totally newbie when it comes to HT, so I have a couple of questions regarding the infocus LP530 (aka Boxlight CD-750m and Toshiba TAIS TDP-T3)
    But first of all, I want to thank all forum members for their inputs on this board. I have been reading alot of the topics before posting this one, and enjoyed them all!..Keep it up guys!

So now to my question. I have the possibility to buy an Infocus LP530 for £1225, is n't that a very good price ?
    The bulb has more than 1800 h to go, and It's in good shape.

I have been searching this forum for keywords like "Infocus", "DLP", "HT DLP" etc..and sure they have been given my alot of informations.But I never got any grip of how good/bad this Infcous really is. In which HT division does it "play"?

I have always wanted the NEC LT150, becuse I think it has a Superb video performence and I have also seen the Infocus LP350 "live and kicking". And I was very impressed of it. Can you compare the NEC with LP530?

And what about the Infocus SP110 which also uses the Faroudja's technology but has greater Contrast/ratio (600:1 to LP530 400:1)Is it a huge difference in Black/color perfomence with only 400:1?

I also know that there are Rainbow problems (as comes with the 1 chip DLP) but that dosn't disturbe me, becuse I have hard to see them =)(lucky me!).Some people say Light spill, what is this? and can I avoid it with a Dalite or Stewart screen ?

All kind of inputs on this machine will bee appricite!
    Sorry for all spelling errors, I'm from Sweden, that might bee enought explainaition =)

And yes, I have been reading the review on Vunet...But I want some thoughts from the real Pro in here =)

Regards
    Pontus

2. Aero

Aero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Btw..I will only use it to view a 6.5 feet screen. my room sets the limit =(