1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus LP400

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Spooksta, Aug 27, 2003.

1. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    A m8 of mine has lent me his projector (he dont use it at all)
    http://www.projected.co.uk/infocus/400.htm

Anyone got one or know what they are like for home cinema. Ive ordered a 7ft screen today and this projector will tide me over till i get my proper one...

2. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    btw
    thats a good site if you look into it

3. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got a lp 400 and the biggest problem with it is the fan noise. I project it onto a 6 foot screen and the picture quality is fairly good.

I run it from an old samsung dvd player. It was connected by a 10m s video lead (s video to s video) and the picture was ok. I now run it through a Pro V+ which has made it much sharper.

Let me know how you get on.

4. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    Had a proper go with it last night using Armageddon Criterion DVD. Fan noise is a problem like you say but i will put up with it for now. I only used a composit video lead daisychained together as my svhs lead would not reach..
    Picture quality was very good sitting 9ft away from my 7ft screen. Screen door was there if i got to 7ft. Very bad rainbow effect on the end credits but during the film i didnt realy notice it. I would think when i get my AE300 or maybe the Z2 thats comming i will notice a big difference in picture quality. But i carnt complain at the Infocus as i have nothing else to compair it to. Im going to take some pics tonight as seen how they come out. If there ok ill postem up for comments..

Sub REL 500
    All Mission Speakers
    Front 704s
    Centre 75C
    Rears 77 series
    Sony Amp DB925
    Philips DVDR1000 mk1 (bought of these very forums)

5. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be interested to know how big the leap in quality is when you get your new projector. My Lp400 is also a fairly short term fixture hopefully, but in all honesty, it will be a while before I sort out the funds for an upgrade.

This is the first projector that I have owned (a generous cast of from my brother), but it does mean that I now know exacly what I would expect from a new projector- quiet and "real" blacks. Unfortunatly my brother now has a CRT projector so I know what films should look like, I just haven't got room for a cooker sized appliance in my front room.

In the short term if you discover any tweaks with your Lp400 (other than putting cotton wool in your ears) I would love to know.

6. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
  7. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Life is a beach.......

I have to say that it looks good, I am impressed with the blacks. How have you got the picture set up?

8. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +295
    I used the Aria Home cinema setup disc to tweak it. My main problem with it is that the picture is to soft. But carnt grumble as it only on loan..

9. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that I best invest in some calibration software, cheers