1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus LP350 compared to Sanyo PLV Z3

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nem, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Nem

Nem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Although I've only recently joined the forum, I've been reading alot of stuff on here for a few months albeit mostly regarding the Sanyo PLV Z3.

I've currently got an Infocus LP350 (okay don't laugh) and its lamp has started to show signs of flickering, which means it'll no doubt fail (aka BOOM! for us LP350 owners) so I'm looking at buying a new PJ rather than replace the lamp.

The bad points of my current projector are as follows....

1- Black level is sorta none existant.

2- Artifacts on moving objects are a tad annoying.

3- Visual banding on bright lights against dark backgrounds etc. (suns in scifi films)

4- Terrible light leakage, its much nicer with some ambient light than total darkness.

5- Lamps rarely last the rated 2000 hours, had no more than 1200 hours myself.

6- And, its bloody noisy!

Does anyone have any experience with one of these projectors and if possible could confirm whether I would see a difference with a new Sanyo PLV Z3?

I paid about the same price a few years back as the new Sanyo would cost now, but I'd be willing to pay a little more if required to get a noticable improvement.

thanks in advance for any help.

2. jriihi

jriihi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well.. with z3 no artifacts and better contrast. Also bit higher resolution.

3. Nem

Nem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks jriihi :D

4. binbag

binbag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The lp350 is no longer being supported by Infocus. They were doing trade ins against them at Christmas - it might be worth a look at their European website.

5. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +175
    You should notice a huge difference depending on source material.

Have you also looked at some DLP machines and indeed the Pany AE700.

6. Nem

Nem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hadn't really thought about getting another DLP as I can see the occaisional rainbow effect, although a couple of friends picked up on them after about 2 minutes of viewing. However, as the LP350 is an early revision DLP, newer models with higher spec'd colour wheels etc maybe alot better.

I'll check some reviews for the AE700 anyway.