• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

InFocus IN76 Vertical White Lines

threnode

Standard Member
I've just remounted my InFocus IN76 after 8 months in storage (during home renovations) and, ceiling-mounted, there are now regularly spaced groups of white vertical lines on the projected picture. Please see the attached photos.

The lines are present both with and without any inputs attached. I've tried a different power cable. I've tried a factory reset. I've tried going through the menu options to see if there is an option that might be causing it (but without success.) I've even tried squeezing the top and bottom of the projector (which worked as a temporary fix for someone else with a similar issue on another forum!)

Does anyone know the cause and/or fix for this issue, please? I'm not afraid to disassemble the projector: I have previously stripped it down after i was unlucky enough to get dust in the (almost-sealed) DMD light chamber. May I stress the projector was in full working order prior to storage.

There are 7500+ hours on the bulb (is this a record?) so it's not worth paying for a repair when, for the price of a bulb and the repair, I could buy a new 1080p projector. However money is tight (well, non-existant, actually!) at the moment after extending the house, so a DIY repair would be my preferred option. I'm grateful for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• vertical1.jpg
    vertical1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 239
  • vertical2.jpg
    vertical2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 600

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom