infocus in72 or hitachi ptjx200

m.leigh

Standard Member
ive been going mad deciding which one 2 go for. i want to stick with my sd dvd for now(dont want to have to fork out for hd dvd +disks), so which will give me the best sd picture.

ghislain

Novice Member
Hi,
I believe your question basically boils down to what is better: LCD (pjtx200)or DLP (IN72)?
This is a difficult one to answer since both technologies have both strong and weaker points (such as e.g. screendoor for LCD, rainbows for DLP....).
On top of this you have to consider (the lack of) 'features' such as lens shift (and others) which can have serious impact upon installation of the PJ in your room.

A a newer model (Ptjx300) is announced for september, so you might want to wait a little a bit before buying the Ptjx200 as presumably prices will drop :D

There is a lot of information about DLP/LCD available on this forum, please search on some keywords and I am sure you'll find lots of useful info! :thumbsup:

m.leigh

Standard Member
:thumbsup: thanks for replying,i can get the infocus+8ft screen for £779 or the hitachi for about £850.is the hitachi going to give me a much better picture on sd ,or will there be not much in it.as i said before i will stick with sd for now simply because of the expense of hd at the moment:thumbsup:ps i have a panasonic pt ea100 onto blank wall at the moment,surely either one of these is going to be better.

ghislain

Novice Member
Both are very good PJ's, is there any chance you can see them both in action before buying?
May be not, in that case, really try to see LCD and DLP technology in action for yourself (with comparable PJ's - that is in the same price range).
Personally I would go for a DLP solution but if one suffers from 'rainbows' it becomes a whole different story.
Around the 2K€ price point (and this list is not exhaustive), some of the best PJ's at the moment are Optoma HD72i, Infocus IN76 (both DLP) and Hitachi PJTX200, Panasonic PT-AE900, Sanyo Z4, Sony HS60 (all LCD).

Don't forget to check that the selected PJ can actually produce the required picture size from the position you'll be installing it in (throw distance).

wizard of oz1

Novice Member
m.leigh said:
:thumbsup: thanks for replying,i can get the infocus+8ft screen for £779 or the hitachi for about £850.is the hitachi going to give me a much better picture on sd ,or will there be not much in it.as i said before i will stick with sd for now simply because of the expense of hd at the moment:thumbsup:ps i have a panasonic pt ea100 onto blank wall at the moment,surely either one of these is going to be better.
Where did you find Infocus + 8ft screen for £779 ?