• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Infocus 7210 Dirty Mark on Projected Image

benng

Standard Member
My first post after reading many reviews and advice for my setup.

Anyway, unfortunately I've noticed a couple of dirty marks recently on the projected image. I thought this was due to dirt on the lens or could be on the screen so I've cleaned both and also checked by projecting on to a blank wall and the dirty mark is still there. On a 96" screen they are about 2" wide and 8 " tall and about 4" apart. Don't know if this helps??

Can anyone think what this might be and how to resolve it?

It is very annoying when watching football where the camera is tracking the pitch as the marks are clearly visable.

FYI, I've had this projector for over 3yr's now and never changed the bulb. For the last 2 years it's been telling me I need to change the bulb and as it is the only TV in the lounge it has been used for well over 3000 Hr's.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

jacko5

My first post after reading many reviews and advice for my setup.

Anyway, unfortunately I've noticed a couple of dirty marks recently on the projected image. I thought this was due to dirt on the lens or could be on the screen so I've cleaned both and also checked by projecting on to a blank wall and the dirty mark is still there. On a 96" screen they are about 2" wide and 8 " tall and about 4" apart. Don't know if this helps??

Can anyone think what this might be and how to resolve it?

It is very annoying when watching football where the camera is tracking the pitch as the marks are clearly visable.

FYI, I've had this projector for over 3yr's now and never changed the bulb. For the last 2 years it's been telling me I need to change the bulb and as it is the only TV in the lounge it has been used for well over 3000 Hr's.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Sounds like the dreaded dust blobs to me. Is the 7210 an LCD model? If it is it's almost certain to be dust blobs on one of the panels.

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
It's DLP and I think should have sealed optics so very unlikely to be dust even though it sounds like it. 8" by 2" though, that's pretty damn big. Could it be dirty streaks on the lens???

benng

Standard Member
The 7210 is a DLP projector however I do suspect it will be dust. Don't know exactly how projectors work but assume that the are lots of bits of glass/reflectors/bulb that attract dust.

Want to believe that if I vacuum it out and replace the bulb the mark will go away but don't really want to spend £300 on a bulb to find out it's something else.

Are there any other bits in the projector that could have attracted dust? Or does my solution above make the most sense?

benng

Standard Member
I thought is was the lense initially, so cleaned this first and whislt dusty, the lense is now clean and streak free but the marks are still there.

jacko5

I thought is was the lense initially, so cleaned this first and whislt dusty, the lense is now clean and streak free but the marks are still there.
I should get yourself an aerosol air canister and get to work blowing a bit of air around. You don't need to replace the lamp at this stage as it's not likely to be causing the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom