Infocus 7205, Tosh MT800, ToshMT8 are they the same thing ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ukfatboy, Aug 20, 2004.

1. ukfatboy

ukfatboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

looking to by my first projector any day. Read good things about infocus 7205 and I am going to try and get a demo this weekend. I'm in Birmingham so anybody no of one on demo within a couple of hours drive ?

But back to the point !

projectorcentral.com says infocus 7205 is the same as Tosh MT800 . OK I think but looking at the Tosh UK website it only has reference to Tosh MT8.
    Is this the same projector ? The specs look similar but for instance MT* refed 1000 ANSI but infocus 7205 and MT800 refed 1100 ANSI !

So i'm confused guys > Help ! there is a huge price difference !

Completely as an aside I went and Looked at the Themscene H77 at St Neots last Saturday . Nice people in the shop , would like a nice local dealer ! anyway it was displaying from dvd fed by component onto a 6 foot screen. Whisper quiet, good coluors and brightness. But there was a serious smearing problem and very blocky. This might be due a PAL software bug on pre production models , hope it is because I could not live with it otherwise !

help please !!! :suicide:

2. pcavelle

pcavelle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    yes, it's identical.

The UK Toshiba site is terrible & always out of date. Look at Toshiba.de (Germany) which is much better.

Infocus make them for Toshiba so there's always a time lag between the two. You can use Infocus 7205 firmware on the MT800 and vice versa.

Until recently I had an MT8 so I know this stuff. By the way, Toshiba UK are terrible to deal with....

3. ukfatboy

ukfatboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still a bit confused I'm afraid .

I'm fairly convinced that infocus 7205 is same as Tosh MT800. But over at avsforum the postings say that MT8 is same as infocus 7200.

So it appears that MT800 and MT8 are not the same machine ?

4. HAEMATINICUS

HAEMATINICUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Infocus 7205 is identical to the Toshiba MT800 and the 7200 and MT8 are the same. This was cited in an AV mag a couple of months ago but I cant remember which one.
    I would be interested in your opinion as I am also interested in a 7205.
    I think they may be reviewing this model in the current HOME CINEMA mag which came out yesterday. I havn't had a chance to buy one yet but its worth a flick through when you next visit Smiths.
    Good Luck and keep us all posted.

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    mt8+7200
    mt800=7205

When the 7200 came out it had faster firmware updates than the toshiba clone. So that may be worth considering.

Gordon