1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 5700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by simch, Sep 14, 2005.

1. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken delivery of my infocus5700 from Luzerntech. Looks brilliant, brand new as far as I can see with 0 hours on the lamp!

But it comes with a scart adaptor that connects to the Icomponent D5 connector. As I have no supervideo of component cables yet, I attached the sky box via this scart adapter, and culd seeno image. I have seen an image (remarkably good infact) from my PS2, but only using composite so far.

Does anyone know if I should be able to connect my sky box via this scart adapter? The instructions are a bit vague on the subject, but do seem to say it will take stock tv and hdtv and "rgb scart with adapter"? Is this the adapter that they include? If so is it a case of switching my sky output from PAL to RGB??

I will be running it on compnenets once the room is finished, but as I want to test it now recieved, (before e bay feedback time!), I could do with just checking all the inputs work.

Any ideas??

Have to say though, big thumbs up fr Luzertech's service and post/packing! Just very very good so far, and amazing conidering I won it for £920! well chuffed so far!

2. stryker

stryker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The adaptor is for component. If you have a scart to composite adaptor then you just want to use the yellow video socket on the PJ.

The adaptor you have for the PJ DVI type socket is for component input.

Or have I misunderstood your post?

3. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its an adapter that has one end going into the d5 video input on the pj, the other is a female scart cable, like on the back of a tv.

Anyway, I got it working, I think I had somehow turned the scart output form the sky off, although I also set up the scart output as RGB on sky box.

So now its all running great even through this funny scart connector.

BUT, running through my ancient prologic amp, I seem to have some lip sync issues on certain sky channels, especially one program on E4 earlier on!

weird.....!

So do I need to purchase an AV amp with lip sync delay adjustability? Or will it be ok on components?

Anyone else had issues with lip syncing on pjs and sky?

4. stryker

stryker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That adaptor sounds interesting, scart to the d5 socket an all. If your PJ has a composit video input then it seems a little redundant....

I've had my X3 for about 2 weeks or so now, so its another inforcus PJ, I use the 5.1 processor in my DVD player at the moment to drive the speakers. I've not seen any lip sync issues at all.

FYI For sky I currently use a scart to composit video adaptor (you know the moulded scart plug with phono's in the back) and I run that to my PJs composit input. I run the sky box as PAL.

HTH

5. Helicon

Helicon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    You'll find that most broadcasts have lip sync problems. Sometimes only 20-30ms, but if you look carefully, you can see it. Usually it's more than that. Dvd's will vary too, anything from 20ms to 140ms i've found. Or maybe i'm just very susceptible to it.

I've installed plasmas and systems in some places where the lip sync is totally out, maybe 100ms or more, and the customer hasn't noticed, or hasn't mentioned it. I always set an amp to about 90ms audio delay, usually a good start.

6. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ma loking at a yam 757 amp a denon 3805 and the pioneer ax5i amps at present. I think all have audio delay adjustment, but not sure how many millisecs?

IS up to 200 enough then in your experience? I think the denon has up to 200ms, but may be worng.

Otherwise I presume a seperate audio delay box is required? What do you guys all use?

7. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    200ms delay is more than enough. I usually only need 10-30ms delay.

:smoke: