1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 5700 horizontal distortion

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by esilvin, Oct 11, 2004.

1. esilvin

esilvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,

I have recently had installed an infocus 5700 and there seems to be a horizontal distortion. What I mean by horizontal distortion is that the top and bottom of the projection (on the screen) are not parallel....

I have checked everything including keystoning, but cannot figure it out.

The man who installed it came back and could not figure it out either.

Has anyone else had any problems such as this one with their pjs?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. Richard Moore

Richard Moore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't be of much help I'm afraid. I have the 5700 and it's been fine. I'd suggest ringing Infocus in the UK first for a quick check then calling back your supplier.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    It's nigh-on impossible for a digital projector to get this wrong - unless either

a) you have adjusted a horizontal keystone correction (not sure if your PJ has this - many don't) OR

b) you haven't positioned it correctly in relation to the screen.

To check (b) measure the distance from a given point on the left edge of the screen to the projector lens and repeat for another point at the same height on the right. These two measures should be equal. If not, either move the projector sideways until it's right, or adjust the position of the screen (eg by moving the nearer edge further away or vice versa) until they are equal.