1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INFOCUS 5000 DVi to DCT-6208 not working, comcast

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shanebuss, Jun 3, 2005.

1. shanebuss

shanebuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a M1 to DVI-D cable off ebay so i could connect my infocus sp 5000 to my comcast cable box (motorola DCT-6208), but it's not working.

Has anyone got this to work? Maybe i should have got the OEM cable from infocus instead of the one i got on ebay. I'll see thei picture very briefly and then it will cut out.

Everything is fine using component or RGB to component.

Any suggestions? thanks

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Check in the menu that under your source options that 'computer' is ticked as being active. also check in your cable box menu that it is set up to output via DVI and play around with the various options ( interlaced, progressive, RGB, component, computer etc. etc.) then just keep selecting 'auto image' on the infocus and it should eventually lock onto the correct signal.

3. shanebuss

shanebuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the suggestions, but to no avail.

Dvi works fine when connected to my PC, so i'm sure its not the projector. I checked on the comcast box that dvi is enabled, and i tried changing between 720p and 1080i, no luck. There really arent a lot of options on the comcast side. I can get a brief picture sometimes, but it doesnt last.

It must be something with HDCP. For now i guess i'll just use the DVI to watch dvds on my HTPC, and use component for the HDTV cable

Thanks

4. shanebuss

shanebuss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    figured i'd do one last TTT .

Finals start tonight, would be nice to see them over the DVI cable!

5. John28H

John28H
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its defo HDCP mate, as my p.c wont work with a pioneer pdp435xde from dvi-hdmi.