1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InFocus 4805 Set Up and Connections

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by galewis1, Aug 29, 2004.

1. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Am I right in saying the 4805 has in-bulit progressive scan functionality? The reason I ask is that my current DVD player is a Toshiba SD-900E which can only do NTSC progressive scan. If the 4805 can do it, then can I simply output an interlaced signal from the DVD and let the 4805 do all the work for both PAL ans NTSC DVD's? Progressive only works for DVD (not SKY, X-BOX etc..), doesn't it?

Alternatively, I could sell the DVD and replace it with something that can do both PAL and NTSC progressive as well as DVI? Would DVI give me significantly better results over component?

I also need to hook up my X-Box and Sky digibox (I am looking to buy a JS-Tech RGB to Component converter for the digibox). If anyone could advise on the best way to connect it all up id really appreciate it.

Thanks

Gary :)

2. Fonzerelli

Fonzerelli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If your dvd player can only output NTSC progressive scan then you can only have NTSC prog scan mate, i dont know that projector at all but id be very suprised if it didnt support it :)

With your xbox mate, you want it modded so you can load the NTSC EEPROM this lets you unlock NTSC progscan and Hi-def games, a must for any xbox on a projector imo :)

Not too sure about the sky box mate, would there be any benefit in converting your signal to component?

3. galewis1

galewis1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    After a little more reading I think the 4805 can do progressive scan on both PAL and NTSC signals, so I guess the question now comes down to "Would I get a significantly better picture from a DVD player with DVI?" If anyone has a view on this I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll order a set of the Belkin component cables as offered in the Power Buy forum. Unless anyone has other recommendations?

Fonzerelli - Thanks for your response regarding the X-box mod. Any idea how much it costs and where I can get it done? What cable would you use to connect it to the projector.

Finally, the conversion of digibox RGB to component was one of convenience more than anything else. If I'm not going down the route of a new DVD player and connecting via DVI, then I'll use the video switching of my Denon 3805 to convert everything to component.

Fonzerelli - If there's a number of connection options for the xbox, could you recommend one that will allow video switching via my receiver?

Thanks

Gary

4. Fonzerelli

Fonzerelli
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi mate, for using the xbox for prog scan you need the xbox hi def kit this gives you component output, i got mine from here.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?cPath=27_75&products_id=1053

it isnt on sale here as the PAL xbox doesnt support HDTV in anyway, to get it modded will cost you around £50, im not sure of the rules with regard to modding so i wont say where you can get it done :)

DVI = Superb image ;)