1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 4805 problems NTSC/PAL

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cinemagary, Mar 11, 2005.

1. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Can anybody help I use my 4805 to project both PAL and NTSC DVD's how when I swap a NTSC for a PAL DVD the image breaks up. :(
    I have gone to the advanced menu, where the Video Settings are meant to be as listed as in the projector manual.
    Do you have to have the DVD player on when you are using the projector menu, I am sure you can set the projector to auto detect NTSC or Pal signal. :confused:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    This is normal and not a fault. The image jumps and stutters when you change standards. You have to press the 'auto image' button when changing from PAL to NTSC. I may be wrong, but I think the firmware upgrade may correct this so that it automatically adjusts. But saying that, the upgrade firmware has it's own problems so think before upgrading just how much of a problem you think this is.

3. braiden

braiden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Hi

I had the same problem with my SP4805, and I also could not find the "Video Standard" option in the projector menu. The only way I could get around this problem was to set my DVD player to PAL when watching PAL discs and set it to NTSC when watching NTSC disc's.

I found that if I set my DVD player to MULTI (to pick up PAL/NTSC automatically) My Picture would break up.

Out of interest I rang infocus technical support about the video standard option not being in the menu and they suggested a firmware upgrade, but it still was not there after the upgrade, and shortly after my projector started flickering so now there's a new projector on it's way to me.

hope this helps

4. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Thanks for the advice :) I had a fiddle around with it again and saw the menu with the video standard on it but it disappered again. :(
    I am going to the shop where I got it from Saturday to have a chat and fiddle with the one they use for Demo's.
    If I get any advice that is helpful I will post it here. :thumbsup:

5. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have messed about with the inputs on the 4805 for composite video and s-video and the projector can detect the signal as either NTSC or Pal,the picture quality is not very good via those inputs. :(
    When you select component input it detects it 576i the NTSC picture is fine but change to a PAL DVD or vice-versa and the picture breaks up. :confused: I have contacted Infocus Technical support and will hear fron them within 2 days. I will post more information as soon as I have it. :)