1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 4805 Menus-help please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cinemagary, May 25, 2005.

1. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Does anyone know how to access the advance menus on the 4805 :confused: I have been able to access the basic menus, in the instruction book it shows more menus which you should be able to access when the projector is hooked up to a DVD player. I would appreciate any help :)

2. Coz22998

Coz22998
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,826
    This confused me recently! The menu's available are dependent on which connection you're using - if you're using hdmi/dvi, then the advanced menu's offer different options than if you're using straight component.

Hope this helps :smashin:

3. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also confused the dvi connection makes some menus unavailable are you using the dvi ? The book is not that clear the advanced menu through component is where it says and is easy to access try a component feed

4. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks very much for the advice :) I am using component video from my DVD player to the projector.
    I contacted Infocus via there web site about the menu's a month ago and I have not heard anything.

5. jonrud

jonrud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi I had the same problem with my 5700 and I had to switch on progresive scan on my dvd player and then I got all the options in the advance mode. I know it not the same machine but it may help!. :thumbsup:

6. dan4805

dan4805
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i had the same problem. then i realised if i turned OFF the progressive scan on my DVD player then all the Advanced Menu options were present. It then comes down to which picture looks best ie:- letting the 4805 do the progressive scaning or your DVD player.

7. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dan how did you turn off the prog scan on your prj?

8. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    If the projector receives a progressive signal, it automatically switches off. If it receives an interlaced signal it will automatically do the progressive scanning.

9. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    If the projector receives a progressive signal, it automatically switches off. If it receives an interlaced signal it will automatically do the progressive scanning. The Faroudja inside the 4805 is far better than the de-interlacer found in most sub-£500 DVD players so unless you have a really high end DVD player, I'd send the signal interlaced.

10. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I would like to thank everyone for there help :thumbsup: I have a pioneer dvd player at the moment without prog scan its connected to my 4805 with component and when its hooked up it shows 480i on video 2 input. I'm getting confused :confused: if I get a DVD player with prog scan/dvi (can't afford high spec prices) is this going to help and will I get more menu's :confused:

11. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 4805 has even less menu options using the dvi. You will though benefit from a much better picture. The picture through the dvi has to seen, blows away the other options. Also prog scan will give better pictures in most cases. You will need an adapter for the dvi input mine cost 20 quid. Samsuong are selling a really high spec dvd for 180 all the mags are raving about its picture quality with a digital out

12. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +563
    In my experience DVI is usually better than component from the same DVD player, but may not be better than component from a different DVD player...PJ :)

13. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    All DLP projectors have to display their images progressively. Either carried out by the DVD player, or done by the projector itself. The 4805 has a very capable progressive scanner in the form of a DCDi Faroudja FLI-2310. This is also found on the Denon DVD-2910. On the lower priced Denon DVD-1910 and also the Samsung HD range mentioned, there is the lower spec DCDi Faroudja FLI-2301 inside. Still good, but not quite as good as that found in the 4805.
    The fact that you have 480i displayed refers to the incoming signal, the image is displayed progressively scanned but the scanning is done by the 4805. In my opinion, you'll be just fine with this arrangement.

14. cinemagary

cinemagary

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks again oakleyspatz, :thumbsup: I will give getting a new progressive scan dvd player a miss, the picture looks superb anyway. I just thought progressive scan would improve the picture again, all my DVD's are ntsc r1 and I belive the chip in the 4805 is based around ntsc and the resolution of the projector is I belive more or less the same as an ntsc DVD.