Infocus 4805: Hdmi cable connection

gm0x45

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using the DVI input of the Infocus to connect to a DVD player with HDMI output, and I noticed that it is very sensitive. I have to fiddle a bit on the M1-DA - HDMI adaptor to lock to the HDMI. How can I improve things? Better adaptor? Clean the M1-DA plug? The HDMI cable is 5 m long.

Thanks for your help!

sounds like either the adaptor or the hdmi plug that goes into it is poorly constructed......i have a 7205 which is essentialy the same in regards to the M1 socket.....my HDMI lead plugs in nice and tightly to the M1 adaptor, which screws in to the projectors M1 socket nice and snugly too....

i'd suggest u try either a different adaptor or HDMI lead, or take both back and order the HDMI to M1 lead (i think its available, deffo there is DVI-M1, im sure the HDMI exists, check infocus website)

I agree that a M1-HDMI cable , no adapter, would have been nice, but I was not able to find one. And I believe that a DVI-HDMI cable, which you can buy easily, won't work. Thanks!

gm0x45

Some of the M1 to HDMI adapters do leave a pretty loose fit with a lot of HDMI plugs.

Whoever invented HDMI ought to be shot - its a dreadful plug; not having thumb screw to tighten is just plain silly.

I tend to favour a decent M1 to DVI adapter (Gefen) + a decent HDMI to DVI cable - as your not using the HDMI cable for audio (are you?) you loose nothing in terms of video signal using a cable that's HDMI to DVI.

I'd try and shift the adapter/cable you have and go the DVI route.

M1 to DVI and M1 to HDMI cables are still pretty rare.

Best regards

Joe

dunno where u live but the M1-HDMI adaptor i got is a really snug fit, from Sevenoaks, not sure who makes it tho, was in a plastic bag with no label..lol..cost about £40 tho....

I agree with the guy who said that whoever invented the HDMI connection should be shot. The connection is to shallow for HDMI cords that tend to be heavy. In this day and age, there is no excuse for such lousy design.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom