1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

infocus 4805 displaying freeview.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by grahamd, Sep 23, 2004.

1. grahamd

grahamd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have just got one of these pj's and have been blown away by the picture quality.
    however iv'e noticed only on freeview that there will be (hard to describe) an occasional slowdown.
    for example, skysports news, the ticker along the bottom will be clear and then a blur for a couple of seconds and then clear again.

will try another digibox, but just wondering if others have noticed this (on board processing etc).
    all connections rgb scart - keene scart commander, then jstech rgb - component converter.
    dvd, pal and ntsc and ps2 are all ok, just freeview.
    any ideas ?

2. gumboots

gumboots
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..on the X1, which I expect has similar processing.

It seems like a sequence of certain images can cause the processing to lag for a short time, most clearly visible on moving text, like sky sports news, fast moving sport, or program credits. (I'm watching through SKY+, using s-video, so I suspect a different digibox wouldn't help.)

I doesn't bother me too much, and i still think the X1 is a bargain :)