1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 425z Flickering

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by lane, Sep 30, 2004.

1. lane

lane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have an Infocus 425z that I just bought on Ebay for $400. Its case is in good cosmetic shape with only velcro on the bottom to let me know it isn't new. It does however have several issues I hope to get resolved.

1.) It flickers when I first turn it on and if it sits for longer than an hour on (it runs very very hot so this may be a byproduct).

2.) The buttons on the projector do not work I do not know why but I assume they have been disabled in the menu.

3.) The remote for the projector came to me cracked and non-working I am still working on getting a replacement but haven't figured out which to buy to replace it.

4.) I haven't a clue in the world on how this thing is supposed to reset so I can use the buttons on the projector to align it for my screen.

I hope someone here can help me :thumbsup:

.:: Edit ::.
    I just bought a new remote from Gateway.com and I forgot to mention that I got the Cable Wizard 3 with this for the price. :laugh:

2. lane

lane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So then 20 views not a single person/expert with a word of advice... this is rather dissapointing....

3. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to have a LP400, quite similar I think.

It used to flicker a bit whilst the lamp warmed up, but afer 1 min or so it was fine.

The buttons not working seems a bit of a problem, I wasn't aware of a way of turning them of (locking them) but if I were you I would check with the manual (you can download it from the Infocus sight if you haven't got it)

Remote- depending on the price, it might be worth trying to get hold of a second hand Pronto and downloading the codes.

I guess the main thing is that you don't invest any money on it until you can verify that it is all working properely (which is why you have posted here)

First stop for me would be the manual.

Good luck