Infocus 110

texasboy

Ex Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have any info, or has anyone seen the aforementioned projector - is it any good?

Been considering taking the plunge for a while, how does it compare to the Sim2 at 4k & 6k. I'd like to get sorted well before christmas.

Cheers

I believe the Toshiba MT5 is a re-badged LS110.

It is avaialble from http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/ for £2799.

I am also in this projector. I have seen the LS110 getting good reviews at around 4K so for less than 3K the MT5 is interesting.

Anybody care to comment ?

Thanks

Karl

Karl,

Have had the MT5 now since late April and are really pleased with the overall performance. Especially when viewing DVD with progressive scan produces a very smooth film-like picture.

That was until this evening when using my projector and suddenly BANG!! the lamp has blown :mad:

This has caused much gnashing of teeth and frantic e-mails sent to av-sales (where I purchased the projector) and Toshiba to find out my options.

Very worried,

Still haven't purchased my PJ yet as the garage conversion has taken longer than expected. Being plastered next weekend though so October it is. All I can say about the MT5 is WOW!

Had a demo at Sevenoaks about 2 months ago and it was great. Really smooth and cinematic feel & for £2800 it's a must. Still very near the top of my list unless something takes over very shortly...

I just saw October Home Cinema Choice with a round-up of projectors.

The Panasonic AE100 scored well.

The Optoma 50 was rated highly. DLP with 1200 ansi lumens & 800:1 contrast list price £2,500.

The Infocus did not fare so well but it was listed at £4,700. It might have fared better at £2,800 as the Toshiba MT5.

The Optoma sounds interesting.

Any idea what the street price is ? Anybody got one / seen it ?

I have seen the MT5 (or LS110) in February and I was a bit disappointed: motion artifacts, noisy, black not very good, a few rainbows and it is too expensive compared to other pj. We used the svideo input. The LS110 needed at least 3 or 4 firmware upgrades to have a decent picture for the price.
In May, I have seen the Plus Piano and it was much better: the motion artifacts are still there but less visible, very quiet, the black are really black, less rainbows and the price is around £2000. The only weakness for some people could be the absence of zoom (but fixed with the Avanti). I bought the Piano after this demo and plugged it with DVI (from HTPC). I also know someone who tested both pjs (Piano and LS110) with DVI, and the Piano was the winner (close one though !).
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom