1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infocus 110

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by texasboy, Sep 27, 2002.

1. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi,

Does anyone have any info, or has anyone seen the aforementioned projector - is it any good?

Been considering taking the plunge for a while, how does it compare to the Sim2 at 4k & 6k. I'd like to get sorted well before christmas.

Cheers

2. karl

karl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe the Toshiba MT5 is a re-badged LS110.

It is avaialble from http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/ for £2799.

I am also in this projector. I have seen the LS110 getting good reviews at around 4K so for less than 3K the MT5 is interesting.

Anybody care to comment ?

Thanks

Karl

3. Griggsy

Griggsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Karl,

Have had the MT5 now since late April and are really pleased with the overall performance. Especially when viewing DVD with progressive scan produces a very smooth film-like picture.

That was until this evening when using my projector and suddenly BANG!! the lamp has blown :mad:

This has caused much gnashing of teeth and frantic e-mails sent to av-sales (where I purchased the projector) and Toshiba to find out my options.

Very worried,

4. wvoss

wvoss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still haven't purchased my PJ yet as the garage conversion has taken longer than expected. Being plastered next weekend though so October it is. All I can say about the MT5 is WOW!

Had a demo at Sevenoaks about 2 months ago and it was great. Really smooth and cinematic feel & for £2800 it's a must. Still very near the top of my list unless something takes over very shortly...

5. karl

karl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just saw October Home Cinema Choice with a round-up of projectors.

The Panasonic AE100 scored well.

The Optoma 50 was rated highly. DLP with 1200 ansi lumens & 800:1 contrast list price £2,500.

The Infocus did not fare so well but it was listed at £4,700. It might have fared better at £2,800 as the Toshiba MT5.

The Optoma sounds interesting.

Any idea what the street price is ? Anybody got one / seen it ?

6. Corleone88

Corleone88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have seen the MT5 (or LS110) in February and I was a bit disappointed: motion artifacts, noisy, black not very good, a few rainbows and it is too expensive compared to other pj. We used the svideo input. The LS110 needed at least 3 or 4 firmware upgrades to have a decent picture for the price.
    In May, I have seen the Plus Piano and it was much better: the motion artifacts are still there but less visible, very quiet, the black are really black, less rainbows and the price is around £2000. The only weakness for some people could be the absence of zoom (but fixed with the Avanti). I bought the Piano after this demo and plugged it with DVI (from HTPC). I also know someone who tested both pjs (Piano and LS110) with DVI, and the Piano was the winner (close one though !).
    Cheers