1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

infocs x1 - computer in

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pugwashgreg, Nov 12, 2003.

1. pugwashgreg

pugwashgreg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    after reading threads bought an x1, trying to connect component out on my tosh to vga 15 pin socket on projector using component leads and component/vga 15 pin converter lead to computer in on projector - no signal and no picture. As a newbie have tried searching threads but can't find answer. Is there something obvious I am missing ? any help appreciated.

2. Martin02

Martin02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The reason is because ,according to the manual, the computer in only accept progressive input source.So if ur DVD player has this function,select it n will be ok.:)

Another things to note is not all dvd players does progressive scan on Pal and NTSC software. So if ur software is Pal(irregardless of coding)and u're using a dvd player with only NTSC progressive scan output(refer to manual),there will be no output from the player even if u select the progressive scan mode.So nothing out from the projector too.

So if u only have a component cable n like to use it,just get a component/S-video adapter.Only down side is the S-video dont work with progressive source.Ur choice,good luck!!

regards,

3. chrissandgate

chrissandgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the infocus x1 as the screenplay 4800 and it came with a component to s-video adaptor, if you didn't get one then I am sure you can order one from screenplay. I wanted to use both a pal and ntsc progressive scan signal with the pj and the only dvd player I could find that would do this for a "reasonable" price was the Yamaha S-D540, which I picked up for £110. What a suberb combination this has turned out to be. I have seen pj's and dvd combos costing many, many times more and I have to say that the difference is negligable, certainly NOT thousands, or even h
    undreds of pounds worth. I have seen everything from AE300's to 6 grand Sims and not once have I regretted buying what I have. Get yourself the Yamaha, a decent component cable, set it all up well and then enjoy it!

4. Ricco

Ricco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the cable have a sync signal?
    If not, this is the problem.

Have a look at synclaster.com which should explain it all.

If you are connecting 3 composite to 15-pin VGA, make sure you have the sync feature on your DVD enabled. If you don't have this option, then you need to get a cable which put's sync onto the signal.

5. pugwashgreg

pugwashgreg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks to all of you, did not know about the synch signal, have ordered a sony 730 so will try that with s video converter supplied with x1 and with cables already got bearing in mind what you have all said. For the money i am much impressed by the machine but cannot help but tinker. So again all the advice is appreciated.

6. Paul Williams

Paul Williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi pugwashgreg

don't forget to checkout the X1 link in the FAQ sticky

Paul

7. pugwashgreg

pugwashgreg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi -dealer naffed my order up for Sony 730 so have taken advice of chrisandgate and ordered multiregion yamaha dvds540. Should be able to apply the advice received from everyone and from faq early next week. Also ordered a HOYA filter to see how that goes. (takes my mind of buying another amp - its a cruel addiction home cinema!!)

8. chrissandgate

chrissandgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Crikey, someones spending real money on my advice....now I'm nervous. I hope you enjoy the set up as much as me old mate. Be aware that during the set up of the Yamaha you will be asked to confirm your choices a couple of times and you MUST have the component leads already connected to the x1 because once the player switches to progressive output all other outputs are killed. There is an emegency 'Get Me Back My Outputs' procedure, so make sure you don't do what we ALL do and toss the instructions 'cos I've done this loads of times and I KNOW what I'm doing.....'