1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info required please

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by MrFurious, Mar 1, 2003.

Tags:
  1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    Sorry if these have been asked before but i need info from someone who is using sky +
    i need to know
    The installer is coming tuesday for the 5 week trial,does he take my sky box i have now away???
    I am currently sub to the movies and sports the full package,if i get sky+ can i downgrade by taking the movies off?????this is so thatb the £10 extra wont seem so bad.
    Do you get a different card with it and what is a mirror card???
    thanks in advance.:D

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Nope, the digibox that you have now is yours unless of course you have been renting it:)
    I don't know the specifics of the trial offer but any "deal" SKY have been doing recently has included the recipient being on the SKYworld package for the duration of that offer.

Your existing smartcard will be used in the SKY+, it will be upgraded to operate the SKY+ by a signal from SKY after a phone call to authorise the upgrade.
    The mirror card is a second smartcard which has the same channel package as the existing one and SKY charge you £15 a month for this on condition that both digiboxes that use the original smartcard and mirror card are connected to the same working phoneline.

You will only need a second smartcard if you replace the existing SKY digibox with the SKY+ and then relocate it. You can then choose to subscribe to the mirror smartcard from SKY or get a "free" FTV smartcard from the BBC.

3. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    thanks for the info:)