1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding TV supplier and Panasonic TV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by torimusic, Aug 22, 2001.

1. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just purchased the Panasonic TX-36PG50 from Sound and Vision. I know it's a bit late to ask this question now but I'll ask it anyway.<br />What is the after sales service like from Sound and Vision ? I say this because the TV arrived in a box that was all broken and falling apart. This normally gives you some indication of how the supplier handles their merchandise. The TV seems okay though.

Secondly, there is a setting for 'progressive scan' in the scan method menu. As far as I can understand, this pertains only to the US NTSC system. Does this mean I must use this setting when viewing zone 1 DVD disks ? There is also no component input which as far as I understand, is used for progressive scan. There are only SCART inputs and RGB is supported on two of them. Is RGB the UK's version of component ? I would appreciate any help on this matter and if anyone knows of any good web sites explaining all this, please let me know. Thanks in advance.