1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Info regarding the lumagen Vision ??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gizlaroc, Mar 27, 2003.

1. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    I am wanting to order one of these but have a real concern regarding the delay and lip sync.

At the moment I have a Denon A1-SE that does not have an audio delay feature, and want to know how bad the sync problem is with the 504 deinterlacer ?? I know what the said ms delay is but this doesnt mean alot to me unless i see it.

I am currently running a quadscan to a sony crt and have never noticed lip sync issues, does this mean that I am not bothered by it too much or does it just mean that I am not going to get any problems with this current set up ??

I have been waiting for an upgrade board from denon that would sort this out but Denon are absolutly pathetic, at sorting anything, it has now been 6 months, got a call from the dealer to ask to bring my amp in january, which I did, then got another call a week later to say that they were short of flight cases !! picked the amp back up and not heard from them since !!

So the question is, those of you that have this scaler (including distributers ;) ) do you run it with audio delay for all inuts i.e SKY, dvd, games etc. ???

is it worse on some channels/sources than others ???

what I am getting at is will I get away with ity in my current set up or do I need to upgrade change my amp ??

thanks in advance

Guy

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Guy,

Sorry for nto replying sooner but yesterday and today I was installing three Lumagen Vision scalers:)

I have Sky and DVD fed by component and s-video on mine at home. I have only noticed a lip-sync delay with poorly encoded DVD and with poorly encoded TV programming once in about a week.

If you use the composite video input then the delay may be slightly worse. I don't so can't comment. The Quadscan has less lipsync error inducement but a worse picture.... May I suggest that you try before you buy? I also think that it might be worthwhile speaking to your dealer about getting the amp update done, they have probably forgotten about you.

Gordon

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    Thanks for the reply Gordon

As I am in Norfolk I spoke to Henry at crtprojectors who has been having a play with one of these this week and he seems to be blown away with it, regardless of the price. Seems like you have got a stonking product there, all the best with it :)

I would like to try it out but if i can still get the amp done I would feel alot better and would just order straight away.
    will call the dealer again monday.

4. Rob

Rob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'm also looking forward to trying one of these. Having used Quadscans, PCs, & player mods, it would be nice to finally find something good at a reasonable price.

Rob.

5. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    Rob,

Henry at www.crtprojectors.co.uk has a unit in for demoing, seeing as you are another norwich forumite this might be benificial to you.

I am trying to get to see it on my system which he said was fine just got to find a time we are both available.maybe you should give him a call.

Guy