Info regarding powering up/down power amp !

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by torimusic, Jun 1, 2001.

1. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Rotel RB-991 power amp that has a push button switch to switch the amp on and off located on its front panel. The amp does not have a 'standby' state as found on other designs. Can I assume then that this switch on the front of the amp directly switches the mains to the transformer in the amp ? If this is so, then is it safe to say that I can leave the switch on the amp pressed in all the time and switch the amplifier on and off from the mains outlet socket instead ?

2. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I also have a Rotel amp the 1095. This also only has a push button on/off switch. To use the standbye switch you need the Rotel processor and the joining cable. Otherwise you could leave it switched on all the time. When theres no current/sound going through the amp the minimal amount of power/electricity is used. This also means its already warm when you want to use it. I wouldn't recommend switching off at the socket as the amp needs to go through a sequence of secondary switches to eliminate thud. I'm not sure but you might be able to connect the extra cable to another device like your DVD player so when your DVD player is switched on so does your amp. If there is any one else with the answer to this we'd like to know.

[ 01-06-2001: Message edited by: BadAss ]